A10 foes will collide when the George Mason Patriots (11-14, 5-7 A10) square off against the Dayton Flyers (11-13, 5-7 A10) at EagleBank Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 148 points with Dayton opening as a 5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Dayton Flyers vs. George Mason Patriots Betting Preview
The Flyers lost to the VCU Rams in their last outing, 88-84. With 21 points on 8-for-17 shooting, Jalen Crutcher led Dayton in scoring. VCU had a better turnover percentage (16.8 vs. 20.3). Dayton, meanwhile, held the Rams to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 31.2).
In the Patriots last game, they defeated the George Washington Colonials, 72-65. George Mason was lifted by Jaire Grayer, who put up 12 points and 12 rebounds. George Mason played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.333 (above their season average of 0.232) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.5 (above their season average of 28.2). George Washington was 0.172 and 20.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Dayton could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their sweet-shooting offense faces off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Flyers currently rank 25th in effective field goal percentage (0.563), while George Mason ranks 268th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.522).
Games including these teams have typically finished over the projected point total. Dayton games have finished over 58.3 percent of the time, while George Mason games have finished over 57.1 percent of the time. Both teams have very similar records straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS). The Flyers are 11-13 SU and 9-15 ATS, while the Patriots are 11-14 SU and 9-12 ATS.
Otis Livingston II has been exceptional over the last five games for George Mason, averaging 20.6 points, 4.4 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Flyers won the sole contest last season, 83-70. The Flyers played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenally low turnover percentage of 6.4 and a great free throw rate of 0.270. The Patriots were 19.7 and 0.197, respectively, for those same stats.
Dayton Flyers at George Mason Patriots Betting Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Dayton, ATS Winner – Dayton, O/U – Over
- The Flyers rank 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while the Patriots rank 188th (4.6).
- Dayton is 3-8 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 5 unders.
- George Mason is 3-7 ATS at home with 5 overs and 5 unders.
- Dayton ranks 34th in assists per game (16.5) while George Mason ranks 238th (11.6).
- The Flyers rank 62nd in three pointers attempted per game (24.5) while the Patriots rank 243rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- George Mason ranks 107th in rebounds per game (36.5) while Dayton ranks 283rd (31.9).
- George Mason is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dayton is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Patriots average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 4.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flyers have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (3.7 above their season average).