A10 foes will clash when the VCU Rams (14-10, 6-5 A10) go head-to-head with the Dayton Flyers (11-12, 5-6 A10) at Stuart Siegel Center. Action starts at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Dayton Flyers at VCU Rams Betting Preview
In the Flyers’ last game, they beat the Duquesne Dukes, 88-73. Josh Cunningham was the games leading scorer with 21 points on 8-for-13 shooting. The Flyers knocked down 18 of their 22 free throws (81.8 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.729 (above their season average of 0.558).
The Rams are trying to rebound after their 77-76 loss to the Richmond Spiders in their last outing. Justin Tillman was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Richmond did an excellent job of making free throws (18-23; 78.3 percent). VCU, on the other hand, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.569 vs. 0.500).
It will be a battle of conflicting paces as the fast-breaking Rams (ranked 77th in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the slower-paced Flyers (290th in possessions per game).
Cunningham has been solid over the last five games for Dayton, averaging 20.0 points and 7.8 rebounds per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Flyers won 106-79. The Flyers played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.766 and a turnover percentage of 13.9. The Rams had marks of 0.550 and 18.3, respectively, for those same stats. Darrell Davis was the games top overall scorer with 28 points.
Dayton Flyers vs. VCU Rams Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – VCU, ATS Winner – VCU, O/U – Under
- The Flyers rank 11th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Rams rank 66th (3.0).
- Dayton averages 5.3 steals per game, which ranks 179th in the nation. VCU ranks 188th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- VCU ranks 87th in rebounds per game (37.1) while Dayton ranks 269th (31.6).
- The Flyers average 16.6 assists per game, which ranks 28th in the nation. The Rams rank 187th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- VCU averages 22.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 122nd in the nation. Dayton ranks 195th in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- The Rams average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 2.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flyers have scored an average of 74.8 points per game (1.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (4.3 above their season average).