The Dayton Flyers (13-15, 7-9 A10) will travel to Tom Gola Arena to meet the La Salle Explorers (12-17, 6-10 A10) in their home finale. La Salle opened as a 3-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 145 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 28, 2018.
Dayton Flyers at La Salle Explorers ATS Preview
The Flyers got blown out by the No. 18 Rhode Island Rams in their last matchup, 81-56. Dayton’s Trey Landers contributed 10 points and 10 rebounds in the game. Rhode Island forced the Flyers into a turnover percentage of 28.6 (above their season average of 18.1). Dayton, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.231).
The last time the Explorers played, they topped the Fordham Rams, 73-60. La Salle received a boost from B.J. Johnson, who was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 8-for-11 shooting. La Salle played a nearly flawless game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5 (above their season average of 25.4) and a free throw rate of 0.179 (below their season average of 0.246). For those same stats, Fordham had marks of 13.9 and 0.103, respectively.
Dayton could struggle to create turnovers. La Salle ranks 54th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Dayton forces the 219th-most turnovers (18.4 percent). Furthermore, the Flyers, who rank 287th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.5 percent), might struggle to get put-back points against the Explorers, who rank 43rd in defensive rebounding percentage (75.0 percent).
Both of these teams tend to finish over the projected point total. Games featuring Dayton have gone over 57.1 percent of the time, while La Salle games have finished over 64.3 percent of the time. The Flyers have the better straight up (SU) record (13-15 vs. 12-17), but the Explorers have been better against the spread (ATS) (10-16-2 vs. 9-19).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Flyers won the only game played against each other last season, 66-55. The Flyers played a flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 13.0 and a great free throw rate of 0.283. The Explorers were 26.3 and 0.200, respectively, for those same stats.
Dayton Flyers at La Salle Explorers Odds Prediction
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – La Salle, ATS Winner – Dayton, O/U – Over
- The Flyers rank ninth in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Explorers rank 74th (3.0).
- La Salle is 6-7 ATS at home, while Dayton is 3-10 ATS on the road.
- The Flyers have 7 overs and 6 unders in 13 road games.
- In 13 home games, the Explorers have 10 overs and 3 unders. Dayton ranks 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.6) while La Salle ranks 188th (35.7).
- The Flyers rank 45th in assists per game (16.0) while the Explorers rank 187th (12.8).
- La Salle ranks 47th in three pointers allowed per game (19.6) while Dayton ranks 162nd (22.3).
- La Salle is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dayton is 0-5 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Explorers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 1.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Flyers have scored an average of 68.0 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (1.6 above their season average).