Don’t expect a fast-paced game when the Davidson Wildcats (12-11, 6-5 A10) visit St. Bonaventure to take on the Bonnies (17-8, 9-3 A10). Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 14, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Davidson Wildcats vs. St. Bonaventure Bonnies ATS Odds
Both teams dismantled their last opponent. The Bonnies defeated the Saint Joseph’s Hawks 74-56, while the Wildcats beat the Fordham Rams 79-49.
Davidson played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 5.8 (better than their season average of 15.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.590 (above their season average of 0.530). Fordham had marks of 11.6 and 0.364, respectively, for those same stats. The Bonnies, meanwhile, had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.582 (above their season average of 0.492) and had a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 15.5). St. Bonaventure was lifted by Osun Osunniyi, who had 12 points and nine rebounds. Jon Axel Gudmundsson, meanwhile had a good game for Davidson, contributing five points, 13 assists and nine rebounds.
The Wildcats dominated this series last year, securing victories in both games. In the last matchup, Davidson won 64-46. Davidson’s free throw rate was their biggest advantage over St. Bonaventure. The Wildcats had a rate of 0.229, while the Bonnies posted a mark of 0.135. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams face off. St. Bonaventure ranks 329th in possessions per game (65.6) and Davidson is 302nd (66.8).
Davidson Wildcats vs. St. Bonaventure Bonnies ATS Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Over
- Davidson averages 25.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 46th in the NCAA. St. Bonaventure ranks 238th in three pointers allowed per game (24.1).
- The Wildcats allow the 31st-fewest steals per game (5.3) while the Bonnies rank 32nd (5.3).
- The Bonnies rank 100th in rebounds per game (36.8) while the Wildcats rank 235th (33.2).
- Davidson ranks 97th in assists per game (13.9) while St. Bonaventure ranks 147th in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.2, up from 5.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bonnies have scored an average of 73.0 points per game (4.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 60.6 points per game (3.8 below their season average).