The St. Bonaventure Bonnies (25-6, 15-4 A10) and the Davidson Wildcats (19-11, 14-5 A10) face off in the Atlantic 10 Conference Tourney at Capital One Arena. Tip-off is set for 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 10, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Davidson Wildcats vs. St. Bonaventure Bonnies Free Preview
In the Wildcats last game, they dismantled the Saint Louis Billikens, 78-60. Peyton Aldridge was the top scorer from either team with 35 points on 13-for-19 shooting. Davidson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 8.0 (better than their season average of 13.4) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.657 (above their season average of 0.574). Saint Louis put up marks of 17.9 and 0.543, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bonnies will look to keep it rolling after defeating the Richmond Spiders in their last matchup, 83-77. St. Bonaventure was led by LaDarien Griffin, who recorded 17 points and 11 rebounds. The Bonnies had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.710 (above their season average of 0.518), while the Spiders had a turnover percentage of 18.9 (above their season average of 15.2).
This contest figures to be a shootout as two of the NCAA’s top offenses clash. St. Bonaventure ranks 50th with 112.5 points per 100 possessions and Davidson is 15th (116.9).
Aldridge has been superb over the last five games for Davidson, averaging 26.8 points and 12.0 rebounds per game.
These two teams have already met twice this year, each winning once. Aldridge scored a game-high 45 points in the most recent matchup, in which the Wildcats lost 117-113. The Bonnies dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.5 and a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.479. For those same stats, the Wildcats were 15.2 and 0.387, respectively.
Davidson Wildcats vs. St. Bonaventure Bonnies Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats rank 16th in assists per game (16.9) while the Bonnies rank 125th in assists allowed per game (13.2).
- Davidson allows the 17th-fewest steals per game (4.9) while St. Bonaventure ranks 49th (5.4).
- Davidson ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (27.6) while St. Bonaventure ranks 249th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- The Wildcats rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Bonnies rank 180th (4.0).
- Davidson ranks 20th in rebounds allowed per game (31.2) while St. Bonaventure ranks 150th (34.9).
- The Bonnies average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 7.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 80.2 points per game (3.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average).