The Davidson Wildcats (19-7, 10-3 A10), 2-point favorites, will be at the Thomas M. Ryan Center to take on the Rhode Island Rams (12-13, 5-8 A10) in an A10 matchup. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 132 points and it will air on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, February 22, 2019.
Davidson Wildcats at Rhode Island Rams ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Rams (7.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the VCU Rams, 76-42, while the Wildcats (4-point favorites) fell to the Dayton Flyers, 74-73. The Rhode Island game finished 15.5 points under the projected point total of 133.5, while the Davidson game finished 13 points over the projected point total of 134.
Davidson had an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 (above their season average of 23.1) while Rhode Island did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (14-18; 77.8 percent). Cyril Langevine had a solid outing for Rhode Island with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Jon Axel Gudmundsson had a good game for Davidson, recording 26 points, eight rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Gudmundsson led the Wildcats to a 68-53 win. He recorded a double-double with 20 points and 12 rebounds. Davidson covered as a 5-point favorite and the two teams combined to put up 121 points, which was well under the projected point total of 137. Davidson’s 0.395 free throw rate was their largest strength over Rhode Island, who had a rate of 0.059.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Wildcats games, with 13 unders compared to 11 overs. Davidson holds records of 19-7 straight up (SU) and 13-11-1 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Davidson, games involving the Rams have finished over the O/U total 52.0 percent of the time. Additionally, Rhode Island is 12-13 SU and 10-15 ATS.
Rhode Island might have a tough time finding the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the country’s best defenses. Davidson ranks 89th in defensive efficiency, while the Rams rank 299th in offensive efficiency.
Davidson Wildcats vs. Rhode Island Rams Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Davidson, ATS Winner – Davidson, O/U – Under
- Davidson ranks 30th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while Rhode Island ranks 261st (18.7).
- The Rams rank 74th in rebounds per game (37.4) while the Wildcats rank 121st in rebounds allowed per game (34.1).
- The Rams rank 45th in blocks per game (4.3) while the Wildcats rank 190th (2.3).
- Davidson ranks 15th in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Rhode Island ranks 107th (6.2).
- Rhode Island is 5-6 ATS at home, while Davidson is 6-6-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 6 of the Rams’ 11 home games, while 9 of the Wildcats’ 13 road games have gone under.
- The Wildcats are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Rams are 1-4.
- In their last five games, Davidson has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Rhode Island has 5 unders.
- The Wildcats’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 6.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 54.2 points per game (13.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 68.2 points per game (0.8 above their season average).