The No. 12 Davidson Wildcats (21-11), 5.5-point underdogs, meet the No. 5 Kentucky Wildcats (24-10) in the First Round of the NCAA Tournament at Taco Bell Arena. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 144 points and it gets underway at 7:10 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Davidson Wildcats vs. Kentucky Wildcats ATS Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. Kentucky beat the 13th-ranked Tennessee Volunteers 77-72, while Davidson barely escaped the 25th-ranked Rhode Island Rams 58-57.
Davidson knocked down 14 of their 16 free throws (87.5 percent), while Rhode Island had a turnover percentage of 19.1 (above their season average of 13.3). Kentucky, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (20-24; 83.3 percent). Kentucky’s Shai Gilgeous-Alexander had a good outing, finishing with 29 points and seven rebounds. Peyton Aldridge played a pivotal role for Davidson with 13 points and seven rebounds.
Davidson games have a tendency to finish under the projected point total (58.1 percent). Davidson comes into the game with records of 21-11 straight up (SU) and 19-11-1 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Davidson, games including Kentucky have typically gone over the O/U total (60.6 percent). Additionally, Kentucky is 24-10 SU and 16-17-1 ATS.
Davidson’s Peyton Aldridge has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 27.8 points and 9.6 rebounds per game. Meanwhile, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has averaged 16.4 points and 7.8 assists during that same time frame for Kentucky.
Davidson Wildcats vs. Kentucky Wildcats ATS Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Kentucky, ATS Winner – Davidson, O/U – Over
- Davidson ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while Kentucky ranks 301st (15.1).
- Davidson ranks 16th in assists per game (16.8) while Kentucky ranks 159th (13.4).
- Davidson ranks 11th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Kentucky ranks 82nd (5.7).
- Kentucky ranks 35th in rebounds per game (38.6) while Davidson ranks 266th (32.8).
- Kentucky ranks 28th in blocks per game (4.9) while Davidson ranks 234th (2.0).
- Davidson’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 8.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, Kentucky has scored an average of 77.6 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.4 points per game (1.9 below their season average).