The Davidson Wildcats (17-10, 12-4 A10) will travel to Reilly Center to challenge the St. Bonaventure Bonnies (22-6, 12-4 A10) in their home finale. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Davidson Wildcats at St. Bonaventure Bonnies Betting Preview
In the Wildcats’ last matchup, they defeated the Duquesne Dukes, 71-60. Kellan Grady was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Davidson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.383 (above their season average of 0.175) and a turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 13.5). For those same stats, Duquesne was 0.089 and 13.1, respectively.
The Bonnies hope to maintain momentum after beating the VCU Rams in their last matchup, 68-63. St. Bonaventure rallied around Courtney Stockard, who was the game’s high scorer with 21 points on 6-for-11 shooting. St. Bonaventure played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.273 (below their season average of 0.300) and a turnover percentage of 21.0 (worse than their season average of 14.4). VCU recorded marks of 0.065 and 21.4, respectively, for those same stats.
A focal point for the St. Bonaventure offense is getting to the free throw line. The Bonnies rank 16th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.299), but Davidson is among the best in the nation at keeping opponents away from the charity stripe (ranking 30th by yielding a FTA rate of 0.188). Moreover, the upper-echelon offense of the Wildcats ranks 11th in effective field goal percentage (0.579), while the Bonnies are 60th-best in the NCAA at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.481).
Peyton Aldridge has really been playing well over the last five games for Davidson, averaging 24.8 points, 10.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Wildcats won 83-73. Davidson’s 0.660 effective field goal percentage was its biggest strength over St. Bonaventure, who had a rate of 0.476. Aldridge was the game’s top overall scorer with 25 points.
Davidson Wildcats vs. St. Bonaventure Bonnies Free Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – St. Bonaventure, ATS Winner – St. Bonaventure, O/U – Under
- The Wildcats average 17.0 assists per game, which ranks 15th in the NCAA. The Bonnies rank 114th in assists allowed per game (13.0).
- Davidson is 26th in the nation with 5.1 steals allowed per game while St. Bonaventure is 46th with 5.3 steals allowed per game.
- Davidson ranks 17th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while St. Bonaventure ranks 251st (18.8).
- The Wildcats rank 14th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Bonnies rank 172nd (4.1).
- Davidson ranks 18th in rebounds allowed per game (30.7) while St. Bonaventure ranks 138th (34.6).
- The Bonnies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, down from 7.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 72.6 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average).