The Dayton Flyers (9-10, 3-4 A10) look to snap the five-game winning streak of Davidson when they welcome the Wildcats (10-7, 5-1 A10) to University of Dayton Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 142.5 points with Davidson opening as a 1-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Davidson Wildcats vs. Dayton Flyers Betting Preview
The last time the Wildcats played, they defeated the St. Bonaventure Bonnies, 83-73. Peyton Aldridge was the games high scorer with 25 points on 7-for-11 shooting. The Wildcats, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.560, had a fantastic mark of 0.660 and had a free throw rate of 0.245 (above their season average of 0.165).
The Flyers are trying to rebound after their 88-74 loss to the Rhode Island Rams in their last matchup. Josh Cunningham was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 13-for-18 shooting. Rhode Island forced the Flyers into a turnover percentage of 29.1 (above their season average of 17.9). Dayton, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (18-23; 78.3 percent).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams face off. Dayton currently ranks 276th in possessions per game (68.0) and Davidson is 325th (66.2). Additionally, the 26th-ranked offense of the Wildcats (offensive efficiency of 115.5) will try to exploit the 275th-ranked defense of the Flyers (defensive efficiency of 106.9).
Of Davidson’s 16 games that accepted bets, 10 have finished under the projected point total, while 10 of Dayton’s 19 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Wildcats have a significant advantage. They are 10-7 SU and 8-7-1 ATS, while the Flyers are 9-10 SU and 8-11 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Wildcats won the last game 73-67. The Wildcats dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.218 and a great effective field goal percentage of 0.555. For those same stats, the Flyers recorded marks of 0.082 and 0.508, respectively.
Davidson Wildcats vs. Dayton Flyers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Davidson, ATS Winner – Davidson, O/U – Under
- The Flyers rank 43rd in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while the Wildcats rank 74th (33.1).
- Dayton allows the 11th-fewest blocks per game (2.3) while Davidson ranks 33rd (2.6).
- Davidson is 5-5-1 ATS on the road with 7 unders, 3 overs and 1 push.
- At home, Dayton is 5-6 ATS with 7 overs and 4 unders.
- Davidson ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (29.2) while Dayton ranks 184th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- The Wildcats average 17.8 assists per game, which ranks 13th in the NCAA. The Flyers rank 169th in assists allowed per game (14.1).
- Davidson ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Dayton ranks 84th (6.1).
- Dayton is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Davidson is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Flyers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 0.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Wildcats have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 54.6 points per game (13.4 below their season average).