The Nevada Wolf Pack (4-0) will be at home in Lawlor Events Center when they take on the Davidson Wildcats (2-0). Nevada opened as a 7.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 159 points. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 21, 2017.
Davidson Wildcats at Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Preview
In the Wildcats last matchup, they dismantled the UNCW Seahawks, 108-81. Peyton Aldridge was the games leading scorer with 37 points on 15-for-24 shooting. Davidson played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 7.1 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.659. UNCW was 14.4 and 0.549, respectively, for those same stats.
The Wolf Pack come in on a high note after defeating the Pacific Tigers in their last contest, 89-74. Nevada received a boost from Josh Hall, who was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Nevada played a nearly perfect game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.530 (below their season average of 0.602) and a free throw rate of 0.269 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Pacific was 0.447 and 0.227, respectively.
Nevada could put on a ball-control clinic in this showdown. Dating back to last season, Nevada ranks 14th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.7 percent), while Davidson has forced the 69th-fewest turnovers (17.3 percent).
The Wildcats have had records of 19-15 straight up (SU) and 16-15 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Just over half of Davidson games have finished under the projected point total since last season.
The Wolf Pack, on the other hand, are 32-6 SU and 27-10-2 ATS since last season. Games involving Nevada have gone over the projected point total 56.4 percent of the time over that same time frame.
Davidson Wildcats vs. Nevada Wolf Pack Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Nevada, ATS Winner – Davidson, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wolf Pack rank eighth in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while the Wildcats rank 124th (3.3).
- Nevada ranks 216th in steals per game (5.4) while Davidson ranks 244th (5.1).
- Nevada averages 38.7 rebounds per game, which ranks 41st in the NCAA. Davidson ranks 212th in rebounds allowed per game (36.4).
- The Wildcats rank sixth in three pointers attempted per game (27.7) while the Wolf Pack rank 176th in three pointers allowed per game (21.5).
- Davidson ranks 27th in assists per game (16.2) while Nevada ranks 197th in assists allowed per game (13.7).