The Dartmouth Big Green (6-18, 2-9 Ivy) will travel to L. Stockwell Jadwin Gymnasium to clash against the Princeton Tigers (11-15, 3-8 Ivy) in their home finale. Action begins at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Dartmouth Big Green vs. Princeton Tigers Betting Preview
In the Big Green’s last game, they got blown out by the Penn Quakers, 74-46. With 15 points on 7-for-12 shooting, Chris Knight was the top scorer from either team. Penn held the Big Green to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.0 (below their season average of 25.2). Dartmouth, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (13.9 vs. 17.9).
The Tigers are trying to rebound after their 72-66 loss to the Harvard Crimson in their last contest. Myles Stephens was the top scorer from either team with 33 points on 11-for-14 shooting. Harvard held the Tigers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 9.4 (below their season average of 23.9). Princeton, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.4 vs. 17.8).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams battle. Princeton ranks 270th in possessions per game (67.7) and Dartmouth is 276th (67.6). Additionally, the Big Green, who rank 308th in offensive rebounding percentage (24.4 percent), will battle against the Tigers, who rank 36th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.3 percent).
Of Dartmouth’s 16 games with betting action, 11 have finished under the O/U total, while 11 of Princeton’s 21 games have finished under the O/U total. The Tigers hold the clear advantage straight up (SU) (11-15 vs. 6-18), but the Big Green have the better against the spread (ATS) record (9-5-2 vs. 7-14).
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 128 points in that game, which was under the projected point total of 138. The Big Green won 72-56, covering as 5.5-point underdogs. The Big Green played a nearly flawless game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.283 and an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5. The Tigers were 0.034 and 10.8, respectively, for those same stats. In the victory, Taylor Johnson led all scorers with 21 points.
Dartmouth Big Green at Princeton Tigers ATS Prediction
Prediction: SU Winner – Princeton, ATS Winner – Princeton, O/U – Under
- The Big Green rank 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Tigers rank 65th (3.0).
- Princeton ranks 274th in rebounds per game (32.0) while Dartmouth ranks 277th (31.9).
- On the road, Dartmouth is 5-3-2 ATS with 5 overs and 5 unders.
- Princeton is 3-4 ATS at home with 4 unders and 3 overs.
- Princeton ranks 40th in three pointers attempted per game (26.0) while Dartmouth ranks 207th (20.4).
- The Tigers rank 29th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Big Green rank 163rd (13.8).
- Princeton ranks 41st in steals allowed per game (5.3) while Dartmouth ranks 139th (6.5).
- Princeton is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dartmouth is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Tigers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.6, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Big Green have scored an average of 62.0 points per game (6.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.8 points per game (5.8 below their season average).