The Dartmouth Big Green (4-13, 0-4 Ivy), who are currently riding a seven-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they travel to Newman Arena at Bartels Hall to clash with the Cornell Big Red (7-10, 1-3 Ivy). Cornell is a 3.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 150 points. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, February 2, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Dartmouth Big Green vs. Cornell Big Red Odds Preview
The Big Green were beaten by the Yale Bulldogs in their last matchup, 74-64. Dartmouth’s Taylor Johnson had a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 15 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Yale had a turnover percentage of 14.3 (better than their season average of 17.7). Dartmouth, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 36.4 (above their season average of 23.5).
In the Big Red’s last game, they beat the Columbia Lions, 82-81. With 29 points on 8-for-11 shooting, Matt Morgan was the top scorer from either team. The Big Red knocked down 22 of their 25 free throws (88.0 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.556 (above their season average of 0.516).
Contrasting styles will be on display in this contest. Cornell prefers an up-tempo style of play (71st in possessions per game), while Dartmouth likes to grind-it-out (267th in possessions per game).
Of Dartmouth’s 10 games that accepted bets, seven have finished under the projected point total, while 6 of Cornell’s 11 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Big Red have a clear advantage. They are 7-10 SU and 6-5 ATS, while the Big Green are 4-13 SU and 4-4-2 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year, after the Big Red won both contests last season. In the last game, Cornell won 69-65. The Big Red played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.358 and a superb turnover percentage of 10.0. The Big Green recorded marks of 0.190 and 12.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Dartmouth Big Green at Cornell Big Red ATS Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Dartmouth, ATS Winner – Dartmouth, O/U – Under
- The Big Red rank 75th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while the Big Green rank 133rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.9).
- Dartmouth ranks 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Cornell ranks 105th (3.5).
- On the road, Dartmouth is 3-3-2 ATS with 5 unders and 3 overs.
- At home, Cornell is 2-1 ATS with 2 overs and 1 under.
- Dartmouth ranks 88th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3) while Cornell ranks 260th (38.7).
- The Big Red rank 55th in assists per game (15.8) while the Big Green rank 133rd in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Dartmouth ranks 104th in steals per game (6.5) while Cornell ranks 176th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- Cornell is 2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dartmouth is 2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 1 over.
- The Big Red’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.2, up from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Big Green have scored an average of 66.6 points per game (2.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (2.2 above their season average).