The Dartmouth Big Green (4-11, 0-2 Ivy), who are currently on a five-game skid, will attempt to get back in the win column when they head to Paul Bailey Pizzitola Sports Center to go head-to-head with the Brown Bears (8-7, 1-1 Ivy). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 150 points with Brown opening as a 7-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, January 26, 2018.
Dartmouth Big Green at Brown Bears Betting Preview
The Big Green lost to the Harvard Crimson in their last matchup, 62-57. With 19 points on 6-for-13 shooting, Taylor Johnson led Dartmouth in scoring. Harvard held the Big Green to an effective field goal percentage of 0.407 (below their season average of 0.541). Dartmouth, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (13-18; 72.2 percent).
In the Bears last game, they beat the Yale Bulldogs, 81-80. Brown was led by Tamenang Choh, who finished with 12 points and five rebounds. The Bears knocked down 24 of their 31 free throws (77.4 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.559 (above their season average of 0.495).
Contrasting paces will be on display in this battle. Brown has preferred to play up-tempo (33rd in possessions per game), while Dartmouth has been more half-court-oriented (261st in possessions per game).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Dartmouth games have gone under 62.5 percent of the time, while 57.1 percent of games involving Brown have finished over. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bears have a substantial advantage. They are 8-7 SU and 5-2 ATS, while the Big Green are 4-11 SU and 3-3-2 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Bears won the last contest 80-75. Brown’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Dartmouth. The Bears had a rate of 0.578 while the Big Green posted a mark of 0.480.
Dartmouth Big Green vs. Brown Bears ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Brown, ATS Winner – Dartmouth, O/U – Over
- The Bears average 22.5 three pointers per game, which ranks 121st in the nation. The Big Green rank 148th in three pointers allowed per game (22.2).
- On the road, Dartmouth is 2-2-2 ATS with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- At home, Brown is 2-0 ATS with 2 overs and 0 unders.
- Brown ranks 120th in rebounds per game (36.4) while Dartmouth ranks 284th (30.1).
- The Big Green rank 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Bears rank 160th (4.4).
- Dartmouth averages 6.5 steals per game, which ranks 104th in the NCAA. Brown ranks 156th in steals allowed per game (7.1).
- Brown is 3-1 ATS with 3 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dartmouth is 1-1-1 ATS with 2 unders and 1 over.
- The Bears have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. On the season, Brown has defeated opponents by an average of 1.0 point.
- During their last five games, the Big Green have scored an average of 64.8 points per game (4.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.6 points per game (2.8 above their season average).