The Boston College Eagles (11-6) will be at home in Silvio O. Conte Forum when they square off against the Dartmouth Big Green (4-9). Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Dartmouth Big Green vs. Boston College Eagles Free Preview
The last time the Big Green played, they lost to the Vermont Catamounts, 91-78. Dartmouth’s Taylor Johnson had a good game, leading the team in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-10 shooting. Vermont had a turnover percentage of 7.0 (better than their season average of 15.5). Dartmouth, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.698 (above their season average of 0.529).
The Eagles are hoping for a better outcome after their 96-66 loss to the No. 20 North Carolina Tar Heels in their last contest. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Boston College’s Steffon Mitchell played well. North Carolina had an offensive rebounding percentage of 60.5 (above their season average of 36.7). Boston College, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 6.9 (better than their season average of 16.0).
Boston College could have difficulty getting to the charity stripe in this matchup. The Eagles rank 278th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.209, while Dartmouth ranks 74th in FTA rate allowed (0.199).
Jerome Robinson has been on fire over the last five games for Boston College, averaging 21.4 points and 3.4 assists per game.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Eagles won the only contest played against each other last season, 88-70. The Eagles turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Big Green. Boston College had a rate of 16.5, while Dartmouth posted a mark of 23.9.
Dartmouth Big Green vs. Boston College Eagles ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boston College, ATS Winner – Boston College, O/U – Under
- The Big Green are 28th in the NCAA with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while the Eagles are 36th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- Boston College ranks 49th in rebounds per game (39.0) while Dartmouth ranks 264th (29.9).
- The Big Green rank 122nd in three pointers allowed per game (21.8) while the Eagles rank 236th (25.5).
- Boston College ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Dartmouth ranks 123rd (6.8).
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. On the season, Boston College has defeated opponents by an average of 5.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Big Green have scored an average of 71.4 points per game (1.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.0 points per game (4.2 above their season average).