Ivy foes will collide when the Harvard Crimson (5-9) go head-to-head with the Dartmouth Big Green (4-7) at Lavietes Pavilion. Tip-off is set for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Dartmouth Big Green vs. Harvard Crimson Odds Preview
In the Big Green’s last outing, they were beaten by the New Hampshire Wildcats, 83-66. With 14 points on 5-for-9 shooting, Miles Wright led Dartmouth in scoring. New Hampshire had an offensive rebounding percentage of 39.3 (above their season average of 34.0). Dartmouth, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (13.9 vs. 15.9).
The Crimson are hoping for a better outcome after their 62-56 loss to the Vermont Catamounts in their last matchup. Chris Lewis led Harvard in scoring with 14 points on 6-for-8 shooting. Vermont did a great job of making free throws (8-10; 80.0 percent). Harvard, meanwhile, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.9 vs. 24.1).
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the nations slowest-paced teams clash. Harvard ranks 266th in possessions per game (68.5) and Dartmouth is 261st (68.7).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Crimson won both meetings played against each other last season. In the last matchup, Harvard won 82-68. Harvard’s effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Dartmouth. The Crimson had a rate of 0.595 while the Big Green posted a mark of 0.471.
Dartmouth Big Green vs. Harvard Crimson Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Dartmouth, ATS Winner – Dartmouth, O/U – Under
- The Big Green average 6.2 steals per game, which ranks 127th in the nation. The Crimson rank 132nd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- Harvard ranks 45th in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while Dartmouth ranks 123rd (21.8).
- The Crimson rank 197th in rebounds per game (34.1) while the Big Green rank 257th (31.1).
- Dartmouth is 29th in the NCAA with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while Harvard is 37th with 2.6 blocks allowed per game.
- The Crimson’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, down from 3.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Big Green have scored an average of 72.2 points per game (0.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (2.6 above their season average).