The Utah Jazz (4-6) welcome the Dallas Mavericks (3-7) to Vivint Smart Home Arena. The Mavericks will attempt to snap a five-game road losing streak. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Utah Jazz ATS Odds
The Mavericks dismantled the Washington Wizards in their last outing, 119-100, easily covering as 5.5-point favorites. The Jazz, on the other hand, were beaten by the Toronto Raptors, 124-111, and failed to cover as 3.5-point underdogs. Both games went over their projected point totals. The Dallas game went 3 points over the projected point total of 216, while the Utah game finished 21 points over the projected point total of 214.
Dallas played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.3 (above their season average of 24.3) and a free throw rate of 0.317 (above their season average of 0.190). For those same stats, Washington recorded marks of 11.1 and 0.174, respectively. Utah, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.314 (above their season average of 0.252). Utah received a boost from Rudy Gobert, who finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Harrison Barnes fueled Dallas with 19 points and 13 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Gobert led the Jazz to a 113-104 victory. He notched a double-double with 23 points and 16 rebounds. Utah covered as a 4.5-point favorite and the two teams combined for 217 points, which was just over the projected point total of 213.5. Utah made 10 of its 25 three pointers (40.0 percent). Dallas, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (11.3 vs. 16.7).
Of the Mavericks’ nine games with betting action, six have finished over the O/U total. Dallas is 5-4 against the spread (ATS), despite being 3-7 straight up (SU).
Much like Dallas, Jazz games also have a tendency to go over the projected point total (70.0 percent). Moreover, Utah owns records of 4-6 SU and 4-6 ATS.
The physical Utah offense might be living from the free throw line in this contest. The Jazz currently rank third in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.258, while Dallas ranks 24th in FTA rate allowed (0.225).
Dallas Mavericks at Utah Jazz Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Over
- The Jazz allow the third-fewest blocks per game (3.8) while the Mavericks rank fifth (4.4).
- Utah ranks fifth in assists allowed per game (21.9) while Dallas ranks 26th (25.5).
- The Jazz rank 10th in steals per game (8.1) while the Mavericks rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (9.4).
- Dallas ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.8) while Utah ranks 15th (49.4).
- Dallas leads the league with 10.0 second chance points allowed per game while Utah is fifth with 11.3 second chance points allowed per game.
- The Jazz rank sixth in fast break points allowed per game (11.9) while the Mavericks rank 26th (16.6).
- The Mavericks rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (35.4) while the Jazz rank 14th (31.9).
- Dallas ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (41.1) while Utah ranks fourth (41.2).
- Dallas averages 19.2 points off turnovers per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Utah ranks 22nd in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.6).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Utah is 1-1.
- The Mavericks are 3-7 when they score above 100 points, while the Jazz are 4-4.
- Utah is 1-3 ATS at home, while Dallas is 3-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 3 of the Mavericks’ 5 road games, while 3 of the Jazz’s 4 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Dallas and Utah have both had 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Mavericks are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Jazz are 1-4.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 110.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.6 points per game (3.5 below their season average).
- The Jazz’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 0.3 for the season.