The Dallas Mavericks (16-36), who are currently on a five-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they visit Golden 1 Center to clash against the Sacramento Kings (16-35). Dallas is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 202 points. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Dallas Mavericks at Sacramento Kings Betting Preview
In the Mavericks last outing, they lost to the Phoenix Suns, 102-88. Dallas Dirk Nowitzki had 14 points and 10 rebounds in the game. Phoenix had an effective field goal percentage of 0.548 (above their season average of 0.496). Dallas, meanwhile, forced the Suns into a turnover percentage of 15.9 (above the 12.9 mark opponents have averaged against Dallas this season).
The Kings are hoping for a better outcome after their 119-104 loss to the Golden State Warriors in their last contest. Zach Randolph led Sacramento in scoring with 18 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Golden State held the Kings to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.0 (below their season average of 21.6). Sacramento, meanwhile, forced the Warriors into a turnover percentage of 22.3 (above their season average of 13.9).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Sacramento currently ranks 25th in possessions per game (97.2) and Dallas is 26th (97.0). , Of Dallas 52 games, 30 have finished under the O/U total, while 26 of Sacramento’s 50 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have disastrous straight up (SU) records (16-36 for Dallas; 16-35 for Sacramento), but the Mavericks have the edge against the spread (ATS). Dallas is 25-27 ATS, while the Kings are 21-26-3.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 181 points, well under the projected point total of 202. The Kings won 93-88, covering as 6-point underdogs. Sacramento had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.6 vs. 14.6). Dallas, on the other hand, did a terrific job of making free throws (15-21; 71.4 percent). In the loss, Harrison Barnes led all scorers on the team with 24 points.
Dallas Mavericks at Sacramento Kings Betting Prediction
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
- The Kings rank 19th in points in the paint per game (43.2) while the Mavericks rank 29th (38.2).
- Sacramento ranks sixth in steals per game (8.3) while Dallas ranks 10th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Sacramento ranks 20th in second chance points per game (11.5) while Dallas ranks 29th (9.7).
- Sacramento ranks 23rd in blocks per game (4.0) while Dallas ranks 25th (3.8).
- On the road, Dallas is 13-11 ATS with 13 unders and 11 overs.
- Sacramento is 9-12 ATS at home with 12 overs and 9 unders.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Sacramento is 10-4 and Dallas is 12-10.
- The Mavericks are 10-15 when they score over 100 points, while the Kings are 11-12.
- The Kings rank 20th in rebounds allowed per game (43.8) while the Mavericks rank 27th (45.5).
- Dallas ranks fourth in three pointers attempted per game (31.9) while Sacramento ranks 28th (22.8).
- The Mavericks rank 11th in assists allowed per game (22.4) while the Kings rank 25th (24.3).
- The Kings rank 22nd in fast break points allowed per game (12.5) while the Mavericks rank 25th (13.7).
- Dallas ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.8) while Sacramento ranks 13th (15.9).
- Sacramento is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dallas is 1-4 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Kings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.4, down from 8.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 91.0 points per game (10.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 99.8 points per game (3.9 below their season average).