The Phoenix Suns welcome the Dallas Mavericks to Talking Stick Resort Arena to begin their seasons. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 215 points and it will air on ESPN at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Phoenix Suns ATS Odds
Neither team made the playoffs last season. Phoenix went 21-61 in the regular season while Dallas finished 24-58.
Conflicting tempos will be on display in this battle. Last season, Phoenix preferred to play quickly (third in possessions per game), while Dallas was more methodical (24th in possessions per game). Moreover, the Mavericks ranked second in turnover percentage (12.0 percent), while the Suns ranked 27th in opponents’ turnover percentage (12.7 percent).
Last season, the Mavericks were 24-58 straight up (SU) and 43-38-1 against the spread (ATS). Of Dallas’ 82 games that accepted bets last season, 47 finished under the O/U total.
The Suns, on the other hand, owned records of 21-61 SU and 40-40-2 ATS last season. Converse to Dallas, games involving Phoenix had a tendency to finish over the projected point total (58.5 percent).
The Suns dominated this series last year, winning all three games. In the last game, Phoenix won 124-97. Phoenix’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Dallas. The Suns had a rate of 0.717 while the Mavericks posted a mark of 0.423.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Phoenix Suns Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- The Suns rank 10th in rebounds per game (44.1) while the Mavericks rank 27th (41.3).
- Dallas ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.8) while Phoenix ranks 29th (18.6).
- The Suns rank 10th in points in the paint per game (46.1) while the Mavericks rank last (38.8).
- Phoenix ranks seventh in fast break points per game (14.4) while Dallas ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (14.3).
- Phoenix ranks 12th in second chance points per game (12.8) while Dallas ranks 29th (10.4).
- The Mavericks rank seventh in steals allowed per game (7.2) while the Suns rank 29th (8.7).
- The Mavericks rank third in three pointers attempted per game (32.8) while the Suns rank 20th (27.9).
- Dallas ranks 17th in assists per game (22.7) while Phoenix ranks 27th (21.3).
- Dallas ranks seventh in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while Phoenix ranks 29th (6.0).
- Phoenix is 8-2 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Dallas is 16-13.
- The Mavericks are 18-28 when they reach the century mark, while the Suns are 16-36.