The Oklahoma City Thunder (5-7) will be at home in Chesapeake Energy Arena when they square off with the Dallas Mavericks (2-11). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma.
Dallas Mavericks at Oklahoma City Thunder Odds Preview
The last time the Mavericks played, they were beaten by the Cleveland Cavaliers, 111-104. With 23 points on 9-for-19 shooting, Harrison Barnes led Dallas in scoring. Cleveland did an excellent job of making free throws (29-35; 82.9 percent). Dallas, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (9.0 vs. 15.0).
The Thunder come in on a high note after topping the Los Angeles Clippers in their last game, 120-111. With 42 points on 13-for-22 shooting, Paul George was the top scorer from either team. Oklahoma City dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.372 (above their season average of 0.156) and a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 13.3). Los Angeles was 0.250 and 15.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams face off. Oklahoma City currently ranks 22nd in possessions per game (99.0) and Dallas is 21st (99.3). Additionally, the 26th-ranked offense of the Mavericks (offensive efficiency of 100.3) will go head-to-head against the second-ranked defense of the Thunder (defensive efficiency of 99.7).
Of Dallas’ 12 games that accepted bets, six have finished under the projected point total, while 9 of Oklahoma City’s 12 games have finished under the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Thunder have a significant advantage. They are 5-7 SU and 5-7 ATS, while the Mavericks are 2-11 SU and 3-9 ATS.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Mavericks, it’s been Dennis Smith Jr. who has averaged 15.2 points and 3.2 assists, while the Thunder have received solid contributions from George (19.4 points, 6.4 rebounds and 2.4 steals).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Thunder won two out of three matchups last season. In the last contest, Oklahoma City won 92-91. The Thunder’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Mavericks. Oklahoma City had a rate of 26.2, while Dallas posted a mark of 17.8.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank fifth in fast break points per game (14.2) while the Mavericks rank 23rd in fast break points allowed per game (12.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks 24th in points in the paint per game (40.5) while Dallas ranks last (35.2).
- Oklahoma City averages 31.7 three pointers per game, which ranks sixth in the league. Dallas ranks 22nd in three pointers allowed per game (30.7).
- On the road, Dallas is 2-4 ATS with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- At home, Oklahoma City is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- When allowing less than 100 points, Dallas is 2-3 and Oklahoma City is 4-2.
- The Mavericks are 2-4 when they reach 100 points, while the Thunder are 5-2.
- The Thunder rank 14th in rebounds allowed per game (43.4) while the Mavericks rank 25th (46.9).
- Oklahoma City averages 10.8 steals per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Dallas ranks 24th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- The Thunder rank fifth in blocks per game (5.8) while the Mavericks rank 26th (3.5).
- The Thunder rank ninth in second chance points per game (13.2) while the Mavericks rank 13th in second chance points allowed per game (11.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks fourth in points off turnovers per game (20.6) while Dallas ranks 25th (15.1).
- Oklahoma City is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dallas is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Thunder have been outscored by an average of 3.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Oklahoma City has defeated opponents by an average of 4.8 points.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 101.6 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 108.0 points per game (0.6 above their season average).