The Los Angeles Clippers (26-25) will be at home in Staples Center when they clash against the Dallas Mavericks (17-36). Los Angeles is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 212.5 points. Action starts at 10:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 5, 2018, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Clippers Free Preview
The Mavericks were victorious over the Sacramento Kings in their last game, 106-99. With 17 points and nine rebounds, Dwight Powell played well for Dallas. Dallas dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.133 (below their season average of 0.171) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 29.4 (above their season average of 17.4). For those same stats, Sacramento had marks of 0.061 and 20.6, respectively.
The last time the Clippers played, they topped the Chicago Bulls, 113-103. Los Angeles Danilo Gallinari played a pivotal role with 24 points and nine rebounds. The Clippers made 24 of their 28 free throws (85.7 percent) and held the Bulls to an effective field goal percentage of 0.423 (below their season average of 0.502).
The aggressive Los Angeles offense might be getting to the foul line a lot in this matchup. The Clippers currently rank third in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.227, while Dallas ranks 20th in FTA rate allowed (0.202).
Of Dallas 53 games, 30 have finished under the O/U total, while 27 of Los Angeles 51 games have finished over the projected point total. The Clippers come into this game with a sizable advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 26-25 SU and 28-22-1 ATS, while the Mavericks are 17-36 SU and 26-27 ATS.
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. J.J. Barea scored a game-high 21 points in the most recent contest, in which the Mavericks beat the Clippers 108-82, covering as 4.5-point favorites. He also recorded 10 assists. The two teams combined to score 190 points, which was 18 points below the projected point total of 208 points. The Mavericks dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 35.7 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.557. The Clippers recorded marks of 22.0 and 0.384, respectively, for those same stats.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Clippers Betting Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
- The Clippers rank 12th in blocks per game (4.9) while the Mavericks rank 29th (3.7).
- Los Angeles ranks 14th in steals per game (7.9) while Dallas ranks 25th (7.0).
- Los Angeles ranks eighth in fast break points per game (13.6) while Dallas ranks 25th in fast break points allowed per game (13.5).
- Dallas averages 22.2 assists per game, which ranks 19th in the NBA. Los Angeles ranks 20th in assists allowed per game (23.7).
- Dallas is 14-11 ATS on the road with 13 unders and 12 overs.
- Los Angeles is 14-13 ATS at home with 15 overs, 11 unders and 1 push.
- When allowing less than 100 points, Los Angeles is 10-2 and Dallas is 13-10.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Mavericks are 11-15 and the Clippers are 24-17.
- The Mavericks rank fourth in three pointers attempted per game (32.1) while the Clippers rank 17th (28.7).
- Los Angeles ranks third in points in the paint per game (49.2) while Dallas ranks last (38.4).
- The Clippers rank eighth in second chance points per game (13.4) while the Mavericks rank 29th (9.8).
- The Clippers rank 16th in rebounds per game (43.5) while the Mavericks rank 27th (40.7).
- Dallas ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.9) while Los Angeles ranks 19th (17.3).
- Los Angeles is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dallas is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Clippers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.8, up from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 92.8 points per game (8.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 98.8 points per game (4.8 below their season average).