The Dallas Mavericks (10-25) can end an eight-game road losing streak when they meet the Indiana Pacers (19-15) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Indiana is a 5.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 206.5 points. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Midwest – Indiana.
Dallas Mavericks at Indiana Pacers Odds Preview
The Mavericks beat the Toronto Raptors in their last matchup, 98-93. With 15 points, eight rebounds and five blocks, Maxi Kleber played well for Dallas. The Mavericks held the Raptors to an effective field goal percentage of 0.388 (below their season average of 0.544) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2 (above their season average of 17.2).
The last time the Pacers played, they were beaten by the Detroit Pistons, 107-83. Victor Oladipo was Indiana’s leading scorer with 13 points on 5-for-11 shooting. Detroit’s rebounding was their biggest strength. The Pistons had 10 offensive rebounds and 46 total rebounds, while the Pacers had five and 26, respectively.
The high-powered offense of Indiana will battle against the mid-tier defense of Dallas. The Pacers rank sixth in offensive efficiency, while the Mavericks are 18th in defensive efficiency. The Pacers figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Mavericks rank 28th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.167), while the Pacers rank first in opponents FTA rate (0.154).
Of Dallas 34 games that accepted bets, 18 have finished under the O/U total, while 17 of Indiana’s 33 games have finished under the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Pacers have a significant advantage. They are 19-15 SU and 20-13 ATS, while the Mavericks are 10-25 SU and 15-19 ATS.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year, after splitting two games last season. In the last contest, the Mavericks won 111-103. The Mavericks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an extraordinarily low turnover percentage of 8.1 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.581. For those same stats, the Pacers put up marks of 13.9 and 0.565, respectively.
Dallas Mavericks at Indiana Pacers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
- The Mavericks rank fourth in three pointers attempted per game (31.7) while the Pacers rank 25th in three pointers allowed per game (31.1).
- Indiana ranks 18th in blocks per game (4.6) while Dallas ranks 26th (3.8).
- Dallas ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (10.7) while Indiana ranks 25th (13.6).
- Indiana ranks 12th in assists per game (22.6) while Dallas ranks 15th in assists allowed per game (22.2).
- Dallas is 7-9 ATS on the road with 9 unders and 7 overs.
- At home, Indiana is 10-8 ATS with 10 unders, 7 overs and 1 push.
- When allowing under 100 points, Indiana is 9-0 and Dallas is 9-8.
- The Mavericks are 6-10 when they reach 100 points, while the Pacers are 17-6.
- The Pacers rank 12th in steals per game (7.9) while the Mavericks rank 25th (6.7).
- Indiana ranks third in points off turnovers per game (19.1) while Dallas ranks last (13.2).
- The Pacers rank third in fast break points per game (15.1) while the Mavericks rank 29th in fast break points allowed per game (14.7).
- The Pacers rank 20th in rebounds per game (42.0) while the Mavericks rank 25th (40.9).
- Dallas ranks first in points allowed in the paint per game (39.5) while Indiana ranks 26th (46.8).
- Indiana is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dallas is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pacers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 0.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 101.4 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 101.6 points per game (1.3 below their season average).