The Dallas Mavericks (22-47) will travel to Barclays Center to square off with the Brooklyn Nets (21-48). The Mavericks opened as 2-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 214 points and it can be seen on YES Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Nets fell to the Philadelphia 76ers, 120-116, while the Mavericks were defeated by the Toronto Raptors, 122-115.
Dallas had a better turnover percentage (9.2 vs. 11.1) while Brooklyn had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5 (above their season average of 21.8). Rondae Hollis-Jefferson fueled Brooklyn with 21 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Harrison Barnes, meanwhile had a good game for Dallas, recording 27 points and five rebounds.
It will be a showdown of opposite tempos as the fast-breaking Nets will look to push the more grind-it-out Mavericks. The Nets currently rank fourth in possessions per game while the Mavericks are 24th. Also, the Mavericks rank third in turnover percentage (12.2 percent), while the Nets rank 30th in opponents turnover percentage (11.8 percent).
Of the Mavericks 68 games that accepted bets, 37 have finished under the total. Dallas holds records of 22-47 straight up (SU) and 35-33 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Nets 68 games that accepted bets, 38 have finished under the total. Brooklyn has a solid record ATS (38-29-1), despite being 21-48 SU.
Caris LeVert has really been playing well recently for Brooklyn, averaging 16.0 points, 5.6 assists and 1.8 steals over the last five games.
In their first matchup this season, Trevor Booker led the Nets to a 109-104 victory. He registered a double-double with 16 points and 10 rebounds. The two teams combined to score 213 points, which was just over the projected point total of 211, and Brooklyn covered as a 6-point underdog. Brooklyn out-rebounded Dallas. The Nets had 14 offensive rebounds and 52 total rebounds, while the Mavericks had seven and 44, respectively.
Dallas Mavericks at Brooklyn Nets ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
- The Mavericks rank 22nd in steals per game (7.2) while the Nets rank 29th (6.2).
- Dallas ranks fourth in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while Brooklyn ranks 27th (13.4).
- The Mavericks rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (41.5) while the Nets rank 22nd (46.4).
- Dallas ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.1) while Brooklyn ranks 21st (17.4).
- Brooklyn ranks 11th in fast break points allowed per game (11.2) while Dallas ranks 27th (14.2).
- The Mavericks rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while the Nets rank 27th (5.7).
- The Nets rank first in three pointers allowed per game (24.7) while the Mavericks rank 17th (29.5).
- Brooklyn averages 23.1 assists per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Dallas ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (23.0).
- Brooklyn ranks sixth in rebounds per game (44.9) while Dallas ranks 27th (41.0).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Dallas is 15-11 and Brooklyn is 12-1.
- The Nets are 17-32 when they reach the century mark, while the Mavericks are 16-23.
- Dallas is 18-14 ATS on the road, while Brooklyn is 16-16-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 20 of the Nets 33 home games, while 18 of the Mavericks 32 road games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Dallas and Brooklyn are both 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Mavericks have outscored opponents by an average of 5.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Dallas has been defeated by an average of 2.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 108.2 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 116.2 points per game (5.8 above their season average).