Southwest Division foes will collide when the San Antonio Spurs (12-7) clash against the Dallas Mavericks (5-15) at AT&T Center. San Antonio opened as a 9.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 195 points. Action starts at 8:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs Free Preview
The Mavericks beat the Oklahoma City Thunder in their last matchup, 97-81. With 12 points and 12 rebounds, Dallas Harrison Barnes had a solid performance. The Mavericks, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.490, had a solid mark of 0.593 and held the Thunder to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.6 (below their season average of 24.6).
In the Spurs last game, they dismantled the Charlotte Hornets, 106-86. With 17 points on 6-for-13 shooting, LaMarcus Aldridge was San Antonio’s leading scorer. San Antonio dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.525 (above their season average of 0.501) and a turnover percentage of 10.8 (better than their season average of 13.2). For those same stats, Charlotte recorded marks of 0.393 and 12.8, respectively.
Dallas might struggle to find the bottom of the net as they square off against one of the NBA’s best defenses. San Antonio currently ranks fourth in defensive efficiency, while the Mavericks rank 27th in offensive efficiency.
Games including these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Dallas games have gone under 55.0 percent of the time, while San Antonio games have finished under 63.2 percent of the time. The Spurs come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 12-7 SU and 10-8-1 ATS, while the Mavericks are 5-15 SU and 7-13 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 188 points, which was under the projected point total of 200. The Spurs won 97-91, but were unable to cover as 6.5-point favorites. The Spurs played a flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.6 and a superb free throw rate of 0.266. For those same stats, the Mavericks were 11.4 and 0.185, respectively. Aldridge scored a game-high 32 points.
Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
- The Mavericks rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (39.0) while the Spurs rank 17th (43.7).
- San Antonio ranks 14th in steals allowed per game (7.9) while Dallas ranks 25th (8.8).
- San Antonio ranks fourth in second chance points per game (14.2) while Dallas ranks 20th (10.8).
- San Antonio averages 23.2 assists per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Dallas ranks 14th in assists allowed per game (22.3).
- On the road, Dallas is 3-5 ATS with 5 unders and 3 overs.
- San Antonio is 8-2 ATS at home with 5 overs and 5 unders.
- Dallas is 5-4 when they allow less than 100 points, while San Antonio is 8-3.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Mavericks are 3-5 and the Spurs are 9-0.
- The Spurs rank 13th in fast break points allowed per game (11.1) while the Mavericks rank 26th (13.1).
- San Antonio ranks second in blocks per game (6.2) while Dallas ranks 26th (3.5).
- The Mavericks rank third in three pointers attempted per game (33.3) while the Spurs rank 26th (24.7).
- The Spurs rank 17th in points off turnovers per game (16.4) while the Mavericks rank 27th (14.6).
- San Antonio ranks seventh in rebounds allowed per game (41.7) while Dallas ranks 26th (46.3).
- San Antonio is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dallas is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Spurs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.0, down from 2.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 98.4 points per game (0.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 95.0 points per game (9.0 below their season average).