The Milwaukee Bucks (13-10) will be at home in BMO Harris Bradley Center when they go head-to-head with the Dallas Mavericks (7-18). Milwaukee opened as a 5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 202 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Friday, December 8, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports Net Wisconsin.
Dallas Mavericks vs. Milwaukee Bucks Free Preview
The Mavericks fell to the Boston Celtics in their last game, 97-90. With 19 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Harrison Barnes was Dallas high scorer. Boston held the Mavericks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 12.0 (below their season average of 18.5). Dallas, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (8.8 vs. 10.4).
The last time the Bucks played, they beat the Detroit Pistons, 104-100. Milwaukee was lifted by Giannis Antetokounmpo, who led the team in scoring with 25 points on 8-for-16 shooting. The Bucks held the Pistons to an effective field goal percentage of 0.471 (below their season average of 0.523). The Pistons had a free throw rate of 0.207 (below the 0.238 mark opponents have averaged against Milwaukee this season).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when a pair of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Milwaukee currently ranks 28th in possessions per game (96.5) and Dallas is 22nd (98.4). ,
Of Dallas 25 games, 13 have finished under the projected point total, while 12 of Milwaukee’s 23 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bucks have the superior straight up (SU) record (13-10 vs. 7-18), but the Mavericks hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (11-14 vs. 9-11-3).
Eric Bledsoe has been impressive over the last five games for Milwaukee, averaging 20.2 points, 4.2 assists and 2.0 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 190 points, which was under the projected point total of 204. The Mavericks won 111-79, covering as 6-point underdogs. Dallas was lights out from beyond the arc (19-38; 50.0 percent). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 16.3). Wesley Matthews had a stellar game, with 22 points and eight assists.
Dallas Mavericks at Milwaukee Bucks Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Mavericks, ATS Winner – Mavericks, O/U – Under
- The Bucks rank second in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Mavericks rank 21st (8.4).
- Milwaukee ranks 14th in rebounds allowed per game (43.0) while Dallas ranks 27th (46.4).
- Milwaukee ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.4) while Dallas ranks 25th (3.7).
- On the road, Dallas is 5-5 ATS with 6 unders and 4 overs.
- At home, Milwaukee is 3-6-2 ATS with 6 unders, 4 overs and 1 push.
- When allowing less than 100 points, Milwaukee is 6-2 and Dallas is 6-5.
- When scoring above 100 points, the Bucks are 10-4 and the Mavericks are 5-7.
- The Bucks rank 10th in points in the paint per game (45.7) while the Mavericks rank 28th (37.6).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (6.4) while Dallas ranks last (14.2).
- The Mavericks rank fourth in three pointers attempted per game (32.6) while the Bucks rank 26th (24.3).
- The Mavericks rank fifth in second chance points allowed per game (10.9) while the Bucks rank 14th (12.2).
- Milwaukee ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (18.4) while Dallas ranks 29th (13.9).
- Milwaukee is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs, 1 under and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Dallas is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 7.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Milwaukee has lost by an average of 1.0.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 106.4 points per game (6.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 101.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average).