The Los Angeles Lakers (32-41) will be at home in Staples Center when they go head-to-head with the Dallas Mavericks (23-51). Action begins at 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 28, 2018, and can be seen on Fox Sports – Southwest.
Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Lakers Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Lakers fell to the Detroit Pistons, 112-106, while the Mavericks beat the Sacramento Kings, 103-97.
The Mavericks had a free throw rate of 0.212 (above their season average of 0.170) and held the Kings to an effective field goal percentage of 0.441 (below their season average of 0.505). Los Angeles, on the other hand, did a great job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (20-25; 80.0 percent). Los Angeles was lifted by Lonzo Ball, who had 15 points, 11 assists and eight rebounds. Meanwhile, Harrison Barnes had a good outing for Dallas, contributing 20 points, six assists and five rebounds.
This contest should be a showdown of conflicting styles. Los Angeles prefers an up-and-down style of play (first in possessions per game), while Dallas is slower-paced (25th in possessions per game).
A little over half of the Mavericks games have finished under the projected point total. Dallas comes into the contest with records of 23-51 straight up (SU) and 37-36 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Dallas, Lakers games have finished over the total 53.4 percent of the time. Moreover, Los Angeles is 32-41 SU and 38-34-1 ATS.
Julius Randle and Kyle Kuzma have played well over the last five games for Los Angeles. Randle has averaged 22.2 points and 10.4 rebounds, while Kuzma has put up 22.2 points and 8.8 rebounds a game during that span.
The Lakers lead the season series two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 226 points, just over the projected point total of 221. Los Angeles won 124-102, covering as a 4-point favorite. Los Angeles won the rebounding battle. The Lakers had more offensive rebounds (13 vs. three), defensive rebounds (49 vs. 26) and total rebounds (62 vs. 29). Randle put up a triple-double in the victory, with 18 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists.
Dallas Mavericks at Los Angeles Lakers Odds Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Lakers, ATS Winner – Lakers, O/U – Over
- The Lakers rank seventh in assists per game (23.8) while the Mavericks rank 17th in assists allowed per game (23.3).
- Los Angeles ranks first in points in the paint per game (52.3) while Dallas ranks 29th (38.8).
- The Lakers rank second in rebounds per game (46.2) while the Mavericks rank 27th (41.1).
- Los Angeles ranks second in fast break points per game (17.2) while Dallas ranks 26th in fast break points allowed per game (14.1).
- Dallas ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.3) while Los Angeles ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (30.0).
- The Lakers rank second in second chance points per game (14.3) while the Mavericks rank last (10.4).
- The Mavericks rank eighth in blocks allowed per game (4.5) while the Lakers rank 28th (5.6).
- Dallas ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.0) while Los Angeles ranks 26th (18.4).
- Los Angeles is 12-4 when they allow under 100 points, while Dallas is 16-11.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Mavericks are 17-26 and the Lakers are 29-27.
- Dallas is 19-16 ATS on the road, while Los Angeles is 19-15 ATS at home.
- The Mavericks have 18 unders and 17 overs in 35 road games.
- Of the Lakers 34 home games, they have 17 overs and 17 unders.
- The Lakers are 1-3-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Mavericks are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Los Angeles has 3 unders and 2 overs, while Dallas has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Lakers average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.6, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 104.8 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.4 points per game (4.2 above their season average).