The CSUN Matadors (1-9), who are currently on a nine-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they head to The Hornets Nest to meet the Sacramento State Hornets (2-8). Sacramento State is a 6-point favorite on the opening line, while the game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 137 points. Action starts at 10:05 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
CSUN Matadors vs. Sacramento State Hornets Betting Preview
The last time the Matadors played, they got blown out by the Eastern Washington Eagles, 86-58. CSUN’s Tavrion Dawson had a solid performance, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 5-for-15 shooting. Eastern Washington had an effective field goal percentage of 0.605 (above their season average of 0.479). CSUN, on the other hand, had a free throw rate of 0.224 (above their season average of 0.207).
The Hornets are trying to rebound after their 77-54 loss to the Boise State Broncos in their last contest. With 15 points and 10 rebounds, Sacramento State’s Justin Strings had a good outing. Boise State’s offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over Sacramento State. The Broncos had a rate of 16.1 (below their season average of 29.0), while the Hornets posted a mark of 9.1 (below their season average of 23.9).
Games featuring these teams tend to finish under the projected point total. CSUN games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while Sacramento State games have finished under 75.0 percent of the time. The Hornets come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 2-8 SU and 5-3 ATS, while the Matadors are 1-9 SU and 2-7 ATS.
CSUN Matadors vs. Sacramento State Hornets Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Sacramento State, ATS Winner – Sacramento State, O/U – Over
- The Matadors rank 223rd in rebounds per game (33.0) while the Hornets rank 233rd (32.5).
- Sacramento State ranks 35th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while CSUN ranks 167th (5.3).
- The Hornets rank 169th in assists per game (12.9) while the Matadors rank 240th (10.3).
- Sacramento State ranks 235th in three pointers attempted per game (18.0) while CSUN ranks 261st (15.4).
- The Hornets average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 5.2, down from 8.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Matadors have scored an average of 62.4 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 80.6 points per game (4.2 above their season average).