The CSUN Matadors (13-20) face off against the Utah Valley Wolverines (24-9) in the College Basketball Invitational at UCCU Events Center. The Matadors opened as a 13-point underdog. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 156.5 points and it begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 19, 2019.
CSUN Matadors at Utah Valley Wolverines ATS Odds
Both teams fell in their last contest. The Wolverines were beaten by the Grand Canyon Antelopes, 78-74, while the Matadors lost a close one to the UC Santa Barbara Gauchos, 71-68.
CSUN had a better effective field goal percentage (0.475 vs. 0.473) while Utah Valley had a better effective field goal percentage (0.591 vs. 0.515). Conner Toolson played a pivotal role for Utah Valley with 16 points and seven rebounds. Lamine Diane, meanwhile had a good game for CSUN, recording 22 points, 17 rebounds and five blocks.
Just over half of the Matadors’ games have finished over the projected point total. Although CSUN has a hard time winning games straight up (13-20 SU), they have an excellent record against the spread (21-8-2).
Games involving the Wolverines have no tendency in regards to the projected point total, as there has been an even split between games finishing over and under. Further, Utah Valley is 24-9 SU and 17-11 ATS.
Utah Valley could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense faces off against one of the worst defenses in the country. The Wolverines rank 51st in offensive efficiency, while CSUN ranks 323rd in defensive efficiency.
CSUN Matadors at Utah Valley Wolverines ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Utah Valley, ATS Winner – Utah Valley, O/U – Under
- Utah Valley ranks 38th in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while CSUN ranks 277th (38.6).
- The Wolverines rank 211th in three pointers attempted per game (21.1) while the Matadors rank 285th (18.8).
- CSUN averages 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 120th in the NCAA. Utah Valley ranks 175th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- The Matadors rank 29th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Wolverines rank 189th (2.5).
- Utah Valley ranks 120th in assists per game (13.8) while CSUN ranks 230th in assists allowed per game (14.6).
- The Wolverines’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, down from 6.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Matadors have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (0.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 74.8 points per game (1.9 below their season average).