The No. 10 Xavier Musketeers (15-3, 3-2 Big East) will try to extend their 12-game home winning streak in a matchup against the No. 25 Creighton Bluejays (14-3, 4-1 Big East) at Cintas Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018.
Creighton Bluejays at Xavier Musketeers Free Preview
In the Bluejays last contest, they defeated the Butler Bulldogs, 85-74. With 14 points and 14 rebounds, Creighton’s Martin Krampelj had a good outing. Creighton dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.180 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.607 (above their season average of 0.599). For those same stats, Butler had marks of 0.088 and 0.500, respectively.
The Musketeers are trying to rebound after their 89-65 loss to the No. 1 Villanova Wildcats in their last matchup. Kerem Kanter led Xavier in scoring with 16 points on 6-for-7 shooting. Villanova had a much better turnover percentage (10.8 vs. 18.3). Xavier, on the other hand, held the Wildcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below their season average of 29.1).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as a pair of the NCAA’s best offenses go head-to-head. Xavier ranks 21st with 117.9 points per 100 possessions and Creighton is seventh (120.6). The Bluejays should have an advantage in terms of ball security. They rank 12th at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 14.8 percent). Conversely, the Musketeers force the 13th-fewest turnovers in the NCAA (opponents turnover percentage of 15.5 percent).
Krampelj has really been playing well over the last five games for Creighton, averaging 14.2 points and 8.8 rebounds per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Bluejays won two out of three games last season. In the last contest, Creighton won 75-72. Creighton’s 0.670 effective field goal percentage was its largest advantage over Xavier, who had a mark of 0.563.
Creighton Bluejays vs. Xavier Musketeers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Xavier, ATS Winner – Xavier, O/U – Under
- Creighton averages 27.9 three pointers per game, which ranks 18th in the nation. Xavier ranks 246th in three pointers allowed per game (25.9).
- The Bluejays average 20.1 assists per game, which ranks third in the NCAA. The Musketeers rank 126th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- Xavier ranks 35th in rebounds allowed per game (31.7) while Creighton ranks 98th (33.9).
- The Musketeers have been outscored by an average of 3.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Xavier has defeated opponents by an average of 11.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Bluejays have scored an average of 84.0 points per game (5.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.0 points per game (1.0 above their season average).