The DePaul Blue Demons (9-13, 2-8 Big East) can snap a five-game home losing streak when they challenge the Creighton Bluejays (17-6, 7-4 Big East) at Wintrust Arena. Creighton opened as a 6.5-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 155 points. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 7, 2018.
Creighton Bluejays at DePaul Blue Demons Free Preview
The Bluejays were blown out by the No. 1 Villanova Wildcats in their last contest, 98-78. With 20 points on 8-for-16 shooting, Marcus Foster led Creighton in scoring. Villanova held the Bluejays to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.7 (below their season average of 22.7). Creighton, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (22-24; 91.7 percent).
The last time the Blue Demons played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Butler Bulldogs, 80-57. Marin Maric led DePaul in scoring with 15 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Butler forced the Blue Demons into a turnover percentage of 27.7 (above their season average of 15.4). DePaul, on the other hand, held the Bulldogs to an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.9 (below their season average of 29.3).
Points at the line could be scarce for DePaul in this meeting. The Blue Demons rank 269th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.214, while Creighton ranks 25th in FTA rate allowed (0.181). ,
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Bluejays won both games last season. In the most recent game, Creighton won 93-58. Creighton launched 22 three pointers, making 13 of them (59.1 percent). DePaul was, meanwhile, 5-19 (26.3 percent).
Creighton Bluejays vs. DePaul Blue Demons Betting Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Creighton, ATS Winner – Creighton, O/U – Under
- The Blue Demons average 6.3 steals per game, which ranks 116th in the nation. The Bluejays rank 134th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Creighton ranks 20th in three pointers attempted per game (27.3) while DePaul ranks 260th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- The Bluejays average 18.3 assists per game, which ranks sixth in the nation. The Blue Demons rank 224th in assists allowed per game (15.3).
- Creighton ranks 92nd in rebounds per game (37.1) while DePaul ranks 172nd in rebounds allowed per game (35.4).
- The Blue Demons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 13.6, up from 0.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bluejays have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (9.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.2 points per game (3.2 above their season average).