Expect a high-scoring game when the Georgetown Hoyas (10-3, 0-2 Big East) and the Creighton Bluejays (12-3, 2-1 Big East) square off at Capital One Arena. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
Creighton Bluejays vs. Georgetown Hoyas Betting Preview
In the Bluejays last contest, they defeated the St. John’s Red Storm, 78-71. With 14 points and 11 rebounds, Creighton’s Martin Krampelj played well. Creighton played a nearly flawless game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 22.2 (below their season average of 25.5) and a free throw rate of 0.226 (above their season average of 0.220). For those same stats, St. John’s was 5.4 and 0.097, respectively.
The Hoyas are trying to rebound after their 74-65 loss to the Marquette Golden Eagles in their last matchup. With 11 points and 12 rebounds, Georgetown’s Jessie Govan played well. Marquette forced the Hoyas into a turnover percentage of 30.2 (above their season average of 18.1). Georgetown, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of making free throws (18-22; 81.8 percent).
Expect this one to be a clinic on boxing out as two of the nations top rebounding teams face off. The Hoyas rank 45th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.0 percent), while Creighton ranks second in defensive rebounding percentage (79.2 percent). Furthermore, the 12th-ranked offense of the Bluejays (offensive efficiency of 120.5) will square off against the 32nd-ranked defense of the Hoyas (defensive efficiency of 92.6).
This is the first time these teams will battle this year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, the Bluejays won 87-70. Creighton had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.602 vs. 0.408). Georgetown, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.262 vs. 0.156).
Creighton Bluejays vs. Georgetown Hoyas Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgetown, ATS Winner – Georgetown, O/U – Over
- The Hoyas average 41.2 rebounds per game, which ranks 17th in the nation. The Bluejays rank 74th in rebounds allowed per game (33.3).
- Creighton ranks 20th in three pointers attempted per game (27.7) while Georgetown ranks 214th (19.2).
- The Hoyas average 18.2 assists per game, which ranks 11th in the nation. The Bluejays rank 140th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- Georgetown ranks 35th in blocks per game (4.9) while Creighton ranks 138th (2.9).
- The Hoyas average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.8, down from 13.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bluejays have scored an average of 90.2 points per game (matching their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (1.3 above their season average).