The 10th-ranked Creighton Bluejays (22-6, 11-4 Big East) visit Carnesecca Arena to clash with the St. John’s Red Storm (14-14, 3-12 Big East). The Bluejays look to lengthen their five-game winning streak. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Creighton Bluejays at St. John’s Red Storm ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Red Storm lost to the 12th-ranked Villanova Wildcats, 71-60, while the Bluejays won big over the 21st-ranked Butler Bulldogs, 81-59.
Creighton played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic effective field goal percentage of 0.639 (above their season average of 0.549) and a free throw rate of 0.222 (above their season average of 0.220). Butler was 0.431 and 0.155, respectively, for those same stats. St. John’s, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 5.2 (better than their season average of 13.5). St. John’s received a boost from Julian Champagnie, who had 10 points and six rebounds. Christian Bishop, meanwhile fueled Creighton with 19 points, seven rebounds and five assists.
In their first matchup this season, Zegarowski led the Bluejays to a 94-82 victory. He recorded 23 points and seven rebounds. Creighton had a better free throw rate (0.190 vs. 0.122). St. John’s, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.0 vs. 14.8).
The Bluejays’ Marcus Zegarowski has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 14 points,5.6 assists,1.4 steals per game. Meanwhile, Champagnie has averaged 12 points,8.2 rebounds,1.2 steals during that same time frame for the Red Storm.
St. John’s should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. St. John’s ranks 14th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.6 percent), while Creighton forces the 97th-fewest turnovers (18.0 percent).
Creighton Bluejays at St. John’s Red Storm Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – St. John’s, ATS Winner – St. John’s, O/U – Under
- Creighton averages 24.8 three pointers per game, which ranks 61st in the NCAA. St. John’s ranks 266th in three pointers allowed per game (25.0).
- The Red Storm rank 49th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Bluejays rank 184th (2.4).
- St. John’s ranks third in steals per game (10.1) while Creighton ranks 115th (6.7).
- The Bluejays rank 19th in assists per game (15.8) while the Red Storm rank 223rd in assists allowed per game (14.2).
- St. John’s ranks 30th in rebounds per game (39.3) while Creighton ranks 221st in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- During their last five games, the Bluejays have scored an average of 85.6 points per game (7.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (1.3 above their season average).
- The Red Storm have been outscored by an average of 6.2 points in their last five games. For the season, St. John’s has defeated opponents by an average of 3.0 points.