The Longwood Lancers (3-7) will be at home in Willett Hall when they clash against the Cornell Big Red (3-3). Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 16, 2017.
Cornell Big Red vs. Longwood Lancers ATS Preview
In the Big Red’s last contest, they lost big to the Northeastern Huskies, 84-66. Cornell’s Matt Morgan had a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 7-for-12 shooting. Northeastern forced the Big Red into a turnover percentage of 28.2 (above their season average of 15.8). Cornell, meanwhile, held the Huskies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.0 (below their season average of 28.0).
The Lancers are hoping for a better outcome after their 92-45 loss to the Illinois Fighting Illini in their last outing. JaShaun Smith was Longwood’s leading scorer with 10 points on 3-for-4 shooting. Illinois 11.7 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Longwood, who had a rate of 31.6. The Fighting Illini’s mark was better than their season average of 17.2, while the Lancers was above their season average of 19.6.
Cornell Big Red at Longwood Lancers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cornell, ATS Winner – Cornell, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lancers rank seventh in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while the Big Red rank 108th (3.4).
- Longwood ranks 89th in steals per game (6.0) while Cornell ranks 180th in steals allowed per game (7.6).
- Cornell averages 24.7 three pointers per game, which ranks 61st in the NCAA. Longwood ranks 260th in three pointers allowed per game (22.6).
- The Big Red rank 98th in assists per game (14.7) while the Lancers rank 249th (10.8).
- Cornell ranks 158th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8) while Longwood ranks 265th (38.9).