The Cornell Big Red (5-5) look to put an end to the nine-game winning streak of Auburn when they head to Auburn Arena to take on the Tigers (11-1). Tip-off is set for 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Cornell Big Red at Auburn Tigers Free Preview
The last time the Big Red played, they lost a close one to the Delaware Fightin Blue Hens, 97-96. Matt Morgan put together a solid game for Cornell, finishing with 34 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists. Delaware had a much better turnover percentage (12.0 vs. 17.0). Cornell, on the other hand, was lights out from beyond the arc (13-27; 48.1 percent).
The Tigers come in on a high note after blowing out the Connecticut Huskies in their last matchup, 89-64. Auburn rallied around Horace Spencer, who had nine points and 10 rebounds. Auburn played a perfect game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 16.2) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.486 (below their season average of 0.539). Connecticut had marks of 14.8 and 0.373, respectively, for those same stats.
The high-octane offense of Auburn (32nd in the nation with an offensive efficiency of 116.4) will battle against the porous defense of Cornell (309th in the nation with a defensive efficiency of 110.6). The Tigers should have the edge on that end of the court.
Both teams have had a player heat up over their last five games. For the Big Red, it’s been Morgan, who has averaged 26.4 points, while the Tigers have received solid contributions from Jared Harper (14.2 points and 5.8 assists).
Cornell Big Red at Auburn Tigers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cornell, ATS Winner – Cornell, O/U – Under
- The Big Red rank 40th in assists per game (16.8) while the Tigers rank 105th in assists allowed per game (12.8).
- Auburn ranks 69th in steals per game (7.1) while Cornell ranks 108th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- Auburn ranks 12th in rebounds per game (41.6) while Cornell ranks 233rd in rebounds allowed per game (38.5).
- The Tigers rank 41st in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while the Big Red rank 185th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- Auburn ranks seventh in blocks per game (6.5) while Cornell ranks 113th (3.4).
- The Tigers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.0, down from 14.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Big Red have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (3.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.6 points per game (2.2 above their season average).