The Coppin State Eagles (0-11) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they go head-to-head with the No. 10 West Virginia Mountaineers (9-1) at WVU Coliseum. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 20, 2017.
Coppin State Eagles at West Virginia Mountaineers Odds Preview
The Eagles were beaten by the UMBC Retrievers in their last matchup, 81-74. With 22 points on 9-for-16 shooting, Karonn Davis was Coppin State’s high scorer. UMBC did a great job of making free throws (19-25; 76.0 percent). Coppin State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 16.5).
In the Mountaineers last matchup, they defeated the Pittsburgh Panthers, 69-60. West Virginia rallied around Jevon Carter, who was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 6-for-14 shooting. The Mountaineers had 8 steals and held the Panthers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.404 (below their season average of 0.536).
West Virginia could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense squares off against one of the worst defenses in the nation. The Mountaineers currently rank 29th in offensive efficiency, while Coppin State ranks 307th in defensive efficiency.
Carter has been exceptional over the last five games for West Virginia, averaging 22.6 points, 6.2 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 4.0 steals per game.
Coppin State Eagles vs. West Virginia Mountaineers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Coppin State, ATS Winner – Coppin State, O/U – Under
- The Mountaineers rank 15th in three pointers attempted per game (28.4) while the Eagles rank 172nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- West Virginia ranks 26th in blocks per game (5.5) while Coppin State ranks 170th (2.2).
- West Virginia averages 39.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 45th in the NCAA. Coppin State ranks 251st in rebounds allowed per game (45.3).
- The Mountaineers rank 43rd in assists per game (16.4) while the Eagles rank 239th (8.9).
- West Virginia ranks fifth in steals per game (10.5) while Coppin State ranks 170th (5.1).
- The Mountaineers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.2, down from 20.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 56.6 points per game (1.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.8 points per game (0.6 below their season average).