The Coppin State Eagles (5-20, 5-5 MEAC) will be at the Smith-Hammond-Middleton Center to meet the South Carolina State Bulldogs (5-20, 3-6 MEAC) in a MEAC matchup. The game begins at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, February 11, 2019.
Coppin State Eagles at South Carolina State Bulldogs ATS Odds
In their last contest, the Bulldogs beat the Morgan State Bears, 85-81, while the Eagles lost to the Savannah State Tigers, 71-62.
South Carolina State played a nearly perfect game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.423 (above their season average of 0.292) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.8 (below their season average of 33.2). Morgan State was 0.196 and 23.1, respectively, for those same stats. Coppin State, on the other hand, did a great job of making free throws (18-22; 81.8 percent). South Carolina State rallied around Damni Applewhite, who put up 21 points. Dejuan Clayton was a key piece for Coppin State with 19 points and six assists.
In their first matchup this year, Lavar Harewood led the Bulldogs to a 70-68 victory. He recorded a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. South Carolina State had a much better turnover percentage (13.3 vs. 19.3). Coppin State, meanwhile, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (19-24; 79.2 percent).
The offensive glass should be a solid edge for South Carolina State in this matchup. The Bulldogs are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 51st in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.1 percent. Meanwhile, Coppin State ranks 217th in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 71.0 percent.
Coppin State Eagles at South Carolina State Bulldogs Free Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – South Carolina State, ATS Winner – South Carolina State, O/U – Under
- Coppin State ranks 64th in three pointers attempted per game (25.4) while South Carolina State ranks 291st (17.2).
- The Bulldogs rank 242nd in assists per game (10.9) while the Eagles rank 264th (9.6).
- The Bulldogs rank 75th in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while the Eagles rank 270th (39.0).
- Coppin State ranks 49th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while South Carolina State ranks 124th (3.6).
- The Bulldogs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.8, down from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (11.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (0.2 below their season average).