The Coppin State Eagles (0-13) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they square off against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (5-6) at McCamish Pavilion. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017.
Coppin State Eagles at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Betting Preview
The Eagles were beaten by the Mount St. Mary’s Mountaineers in their last matchup, 66-53. Coppin State’s Lamar Morgan put together a solid game, leading the team in scoring with 18 points on 5-for-10 shooting. Mount St. Mary’s had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.526 vs. 0.384). Coppin State, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (10-14; 71.4 percent).
In the Yellow Jackets last matchup, they were topped by the Wright State Raiders, 85-81. Jose Alvarado was the games leading scorer with 23 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Wright State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.477). Georgia Tech, on the other hand, did a great job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (20-27; 74.1 percent).
The physical Georgia Tech offense looks poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Yellow Jackets rank 30th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.306, while Coppin State is among the NCAA’s most foul-prone squads (giving up a 253rd-ranked FTA rate of 0.263).
Coppin State Eagles at Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Coppin State, ATS Winner – Coppin State, O/U – Over
- The Yellow Jackets rank 159th in assists per game (13.1) while the Eagles rank 243rd (8.8).
- Georgia Tech averages 7.6 steals per game, which ranks 54th in the nation. Coppin State ranks 84th in steals allowed per game (6.2).
- Coppin State ranks 31st in three pointers attempted per game (27.0) while Georgia Tech ranks 263rd (15.3).
- The Yellow Jackets rank 64th in rebounds allowed per game (32.9) while the Eagles rank 266th (45.4).
- Georgia Tech ranks 36th in blocks per game (5.1) while Coppin State ranks 160th (2.4).
- The Yellow Jackets have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Georgia Tech has defeated opponents by an average of 1.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 55.4 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.2 points per game (2.4 below their season average).