The Coppin State Eagles (0-9) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first win when they take on the Connecticut Huskies (6-3) at Harry A. Gampel Pavilion. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNews.
Coppin State Eagles at Connecticut Huskies ATS Preview
In the Eagles last game, they fell to the Navy Midshipmen, 70-53. Karonn Davis had a solid performance for Coppin State, leading both teams in scoring with 18 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Navy’s 0.577 effective field goal percentage was their largest strength over Coppin State, who had a rate of 0.440. The Midshipmen’s mark was above their season average of 0.515, while the Eagles was below the 0.519 mark opponents have averaged against Navy this season.
The Huskies are hoping for a better outcome after their 72-63 loss to the Syracuse Orange in their last outing. With 17 points and five rebounds, Christian Vital had a solid game for Connecticut. Syracuse held the Huskies to an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (below their season average of 28.7). Connecticut, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.500 vs. 0.471).
Connecticut could have their way on defense as they face off against one of the nation’s worst offenses. The Huskies rank 43rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.469), while Coppin State is 351st in effective field goal percentage (0.428) dating back to last season.
Coppin State Eagles at Connecticut Huskies Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Coppin State, ATS Winner – Coppin State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Huskies rank 87th in assists allowed per game (12.2) while the Eagles rank 271st (14.6).
- Connecticut ranks 260th in steals per game (5.0) while Coppin State ranks 288th (5.4).
- Coppin State ranks 16th in three pointers attempted per game (23.3) while Connecticut ranks 248th in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- The Huskies rank 29th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Eagles rank 242nd (2.3).
- Connecticut averages 36.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 132nd in the NCAA. Coppin State ranks 320th in rebounds allowed per game (41.4).