The No. 12 Cincinnati Bearcats (2-0) will be at home in BB&T Arena when they square off against the Coppin State Eagles (0-2). Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 16, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN Full Court.
Coppin State Eagles vs. Cincinnati Bearcats ATS Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they got blown out by the East Carolina Pirates, 76-50. With 10 points on 1-for-6 shooting, Adam Traore led Coppin State in scoring. East Carolina’s 31.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over Coppin State, who had a mark of 17.8.
The Bearcats hope to maintain momentum after dismantling the Western Carolina Catamounts in their last game, 102-51. Cincinnati was led by Cane Broome, who contributed 15 points. Cincinnati dominated every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.422 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 46.9. For those same stats, Western Carolina recorded marks of 0.179 and 25.6, respectively.
The productive offense of Cincinnati will face off against the porous defense of Coppin State. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, the Bearcats rank 23rd in offensive efficiency, while the Eagles are 332nd in defensive efficiency. The Bearcats should have the edge on that end of the court.
Coppin State Eagles vs. Cincinnati Bearcats Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cincinnati, ATS Winner – Cincinnati, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bearcats rank 138th in three pointers allowed per game (20.8) while the Eagles rank 242nd (22.9).
- Cincinnati ranks third in steals allowed per game (3.9) while Coppin State ranks 84th (5.7).
- Cincinnati ranks 33rd in assists per game (16.0) while Coppin State ranks 315th (10.2).
- The Bearcats rank 36th in rebounds allowed per game (32.2) while the Eagles rank 314th (40.6).
- Cincinnati ranks 25th in blocks per game (5.0) while Coppin State ranks 248th (2.3).