The Coppin State Eagles (0-10) are off to a slow start and will try to pick up their first victory when they square off against the UMBC Retrievers (6-5) at Retriever Activities Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 12, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Coppin State Eagles at UMBC Retrievers ATS Preview
The last time the Eagles played, they were beaten by the Connecticut Huskies, 72-59. Coppin State’s Lamar Morgan had a solid game, leading both teams in scoring with 30 points on 8-for-12 shooting. Connecticut had an offensive rebounding percentage of 50.0 (above their season average of 28.2). Coppin State, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.479 (above their season average of 0.373).
The Retrievers are trying to rebound after their 78-65 loss to the Towson Tigers in their last game. Jairus Lyles was the games high scorer with 21 points on 7-for-21 shooting. Towson held the Retrievers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.362 (below their season average of 0.573). UMBC, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (13.4 vs. 19.2).
UMBC could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their productive offense faces off against one of the nation’s worst defenses. The Retrievers currently rank 51st in offensive efficiency, while Coppin State ranks 300th in defensive efficiency.
Coppin State Eagles at UMBC Retrievers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UMBC, ATS Winner – UMBC, O/U – Under
- The Retrievers average 7.1 steals per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 75th in steals allowed per game (5.8).
- UMBC ranks 30th in assists per game (16.8) while Coppin State ranks 247th (8.5).
- The Eagles rank 24th in three pointers attempted per game (27.5) while the Retrievers rank 211th in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- UMBC averages 36.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 113th in the NCAA. Coppin State ranks 277th in rebounds allowed per game (45.5).
- The Retrievers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, up from 4.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 56.0 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 74.4 points per game (1.5 below their season average).