The Coppin State Eagles (0-6) are off to a slow start and will try to get their first win when they clash against the Ohio Bobcats (3-3) at Convocation Center. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, December 1, 2017.
Coppin State Eagles vs. Ohio Bobcats Odds Preview
The Eagles lost a close one to the Central Connecticut State Blue Devils in their last outing, 74-71. With 14 points on 5-for-13 shooting, Karonn Davis led Coppin State in scoring. Central Connecticut State had a free throw rate of 0.254 (above their season average of 0.214). Coppin State, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.353).
In the Bobcats last matchup, they were beaten by the Iona Gaels, 93-88. Mike Laster was the top scorer from either team with 23 points on 10-for-19 shooting. Iona had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 vs. 18.9). Ohio, on the other hand, was lights out from beyond the arc (13-28; 46.4 percent).
Opposite tempos will be on display in this battle. Dating back to the 2016-17 season, Ohio has preferred a fast-paced style of play (56th in possessions per game), while Coppin State has been more methodical (162nd in possessions per game).
Coppin State Eagles vs. Ohio Bobcats ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Coppin State, ATS Winner – Coppin State, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bobcats rank 204th in blocks per game (2.8) while the Eagles rank 263rd (2.2).
- Ohio ranks 185th in steals per game (5.9) while Coppin State ranks 233rd (5.4).
- Ohio ranks 32nd in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Coppin State ranks 250th (14.6).
- The Bobcats average 36.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 120th in the nation. The Eagles rank 324th in rebounds allowed per game (41.2).
- Ohio ranks 64th in three pointers attempted per game (24.1) while Coppin State ranks 252nd in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).