The Coppin State Eagles (1-18, 1-3 MEAC) look to end their 15-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head against the North Carolina A&T Aggies (9-8, 2-0 MEAC), who will try to extend their five-game home winning streak. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, January 15, 2018.
Coppin State Eagles at North Carolina A&T Aggies Betting Preview
The Eagles got blown out by the North Carolina Central Eagles in their last matchup, 81-61. Cedric Council Jr. put together a good performance for Coppin State, leading the team in scoring with 14 points on 6-for-10 shooting. North Carolina Central had an effective field goal percentage of 0.589 (above their season average of 0.539). Coppin State, on the other hand, forced North Carolina Central into a turnover percentage of 19.1 (above the 15.1 mark opponents have averaged against Coppin State this season).
The last time the Aggies played, they topped the Morgan State Bears, 69-67. North Carolina A&T received a boost from Davaris McGowens, who led the team in scoring with 19 points on 6-for-7 shooting. The Aggies, who came into the game averaging an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.7, had an absurd mark of 37.1 and had a better effective field goal percentage (0.509 vs. 0.491).
This contest should be a battle of opposite paces. North Carolina A&T prefers an up-tempo style of play (90th in possessions per game), while Coppin State is methodical (213th in possessions per game).
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Eagles won the sole game played against each other last season, 75-73. The Eagles dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.298 and a turnover percentage of 12.5. For those same stats, the Aggies were 0.091 and 19.2, respectively.
Coppin State Eagles at North Carolina A&T Aggies ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – North Carolina A&T, ATS Winner – North Carolina A&T, O/U – Over
- The Aggies rank 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Eagles rank 91st (3.5).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 76th in steals per game (7.1) while Coppin State ranks 77th in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- North Carolina A&T ranks 77th in assists per game (15.2) while Coppin State ranks 241st (9.9).
- The Aggies rank 108th in rebounds allowed per game (34.4) while the Eagles rank 268th (43.5).
- Coppin State ranks 30th in three pointers attempted per game (26.9) while North Carolina A&T ranks 184th (20.2).
- The Aggies average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.4, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Eagles have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (7.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.4 points per game (3.5 above their season average).