AAC foes will collide when the No. 22 Wichita State Shockers (18-5, 8-3 AAC) square off against the Connecticut Huskies (12-12, 5-6 AAC) at Charles Koch Arena. Action starts at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 10, 2018.
Connecticut Huskies vs. Wichita State Shockers Betting Preview
The last time the Huskies played, they edged the South Florida Bulls, 68-65. Jalen Adams was the games leading scorer with 19 points on 8-for-14 shooting. The Huskies had a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.587 (above their season average of 0.455) and had a free throw rate of 0.304 (above their season average of 0.243).
The Shockers will look to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Memphis Tigers in their last matchup, 85-65. Wichita State’s Darral Willis Jr. had a good outing, finishing with 13 points and 12 rebounds. Wichita State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 9.6 (better than their season average of 14.6) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.8 (above their season average of 34.5). For those same stats, Memphis put up marks of 23.5 and 16.7, respectively.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Wichita State figures to have a considerable edge. The Shockers defense ranks 43rd in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while the Connecticut offense is ranked 336th in effective field goal percentage (0.460).
These teams have already met once this season. The Shockers won 72-62. Wichita State won the rebounding battle. The Shockers had 17 offensive rebounds and 47 total rebounds, while the Huskies had eight and 34, respectively. Rashard Kelly put up a double-double in the victory with 11 points and 12 rebounds.
Connecticut Huskies at Wichita State Shockers Odds Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Wichita State, ATS Winner – Wichita State, O/U – Under
- The Huskies rank 38th in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Shockers rank 103rd (6.1).
- Wichita State averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 51st in the NCAA. Connecticut ranks 92nd in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Wichita State ranks third in assists per game (19.0) while Connecticut ranks 273rd (9.7).
- The Shockers rank third in rebounds per game (42.0) while the Huskies rank 230th in rebounds allowed per game (36.9).
- Wichita State averages 24.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 68th in the nation. Connecticut ranks 249th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- The Shockers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.4, down from 13.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 61.2 points per game (5.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 67.4 points per game (3.6 below their season average).