AAC foes will collide when the Tulane Green Wave (11-5, 2-2 AAC) square off with the Connecticut Huskies (9-7, 2-2 AAC) at Fogelman Arena in Devlin Fieldhouse. Action begins at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPNews.
Connecticut Huskies at Tulane Green Wave Odds Preview
In the Huskies’ last matchup, they beat the UCF Knights, 62-53. Christian Vital was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 4-for-8 shooting. The Huskies knocked down 20 of their 21 free throws (95.2 percent) and held the Knights to an effective field goal percentage of 0.413 (below their season average of 0.492).
The Green Wave are hoping for a better outcome after their 96-89 loss to the Memphis Tigers in their last contest. Melvin Frazier led Tulane in scoring with 28 points on 10-for-15 shooting. Memphis did a terrific job of making free throws (35-43; 81.4 percent). Tulane, on the other hand, forced the Tigers into a turnover percentage of 19.1 (above the 15.3 mark opponents have averaged against Tulane this season).
Tulane figures to have the edge on the defensive side of the ball. The Green Wave rank 98th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.482), while Connecticut is 333rd in effective field goal percentage (0.456).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Huskies won the sole game played against each other last season, 78-68. The Huskies dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.517 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6. For those same stats, the Green Wave recorded marks of 0.188 and 14.9, respectively.
Connecticut Huskies vs. Tulane Green Wave ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tulane, ATS Winner – Tulane, O/U – Under
- The Huskies rank 87th in rebounds per game (37.7) while the Green Wave rank 168th in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Tulane ranks 29th in blocks per game (5.1) while Connecticut ranks 69th (4.0).
- Tulane ranks 26th in assists per game (17.1) while Connecticut ranks 241st (9.6).
- The Huskies rank 32nd in steals allowed per game (5.3) while the Green Wave rank 159th (7.6).
- Tulane ranks 133rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while Connecticut ranks 221st in three pointers allowed per game (24.9).
- The Green Wave’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 4.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Huskies have scored an average of 69.2 points per game (0.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 73.8 points per game (1.5 above their season average).