The No. 6 Villanova Wildcats and Columbia Lions will battle at Wells Fargo Center to kick off the new season. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 149.5 points with Villanova set as a 25.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017.
Columbia Lions at Villanova Wildcats Free Preview
Villanova made it to the Second Round last season as a top seed in the tournament, where they fell to the Wisconsin Badgers. The Wildcats went 31-3 in the regular season. Meanwhile, Columbia was unable reach the tournament following an 11-16 regular season.
Half-court execution will be critical when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Villanova ranked 573rd in possessions per game (64.8) and Columbia was 370th (69.7) in the 2016-17 season. Moreover, the Lions ranked 395th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.205), while the Wildcats ranked 36th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.155).
The Lions were 11-16 straight up (SU) last season, but were just 10-9 against the spread (ATS). Of Columbia’s 19 games with betting action last season, 11 finished over the projected point total.
Meanwhile, the Wildcats owned records of 31-3 SU and 17-17-1 ATS last season. Of Villanova’s 35 games that accepted bets last year, 22 finished under the projected point total.
Columbia Lions at Villanova Wildcats Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Villanova, ATS Winner – Villanova, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 134th in assists per game (14.0) while the Lions rank 290th in assists allowed per game (15.6).
- Villanova ranks 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.1) while Columbia ranks 111th (5.9).
- Villanova ranks eighth in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while Columbia ranks 253rd (37.0).
- The Wildcats rank 125th in three pointers attempted per game (23.4) while the Lions rank 354th in three pointers allowed per game (25.7).
- Villanova ranks 10th in blocks allowed per game (2.0) while Columbia ranks 174th (3.6).