The Columbia Lions will start their season on the road when they meet the Marist Red Foxes (0-1) at McCann Center. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
Columbia Lions at Marist Red Foxes Betting Odds
The Red Foxes are trying to rebound after their 73-69 loss to the Army West Point Black Knights in their last contest. Brian Parker was the game’s leading scorer with 25 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Army West Point had a much better turnover percentage (8.6 vs. 16.1). Marist, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.0 vs. 18.2).
Columbia was unable make the tournament following an 8-19 regular season campaign last season.
Last season, the Lions were 8-19 straight up (SU) and 10-9 against the spread (ATS). Of Columbia’s 19 games last year, 11 finished over the projected point total.
Marist could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Dating back to the 2017-18 season, Columbia ranks 110th in the country at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 17.5 percent), while Marist forced the ninth-fewest turnovers (14.8 percent).
Columbia vs. Marist Free Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Marist, ATS Winner – Marist, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Columbia averages 27.1 three pointers per game, which ranks 19th in the NCAA. Marist ranks 288th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- The Lions rank 129th in blocks per game (3.4) while the Red Foxes rank 226th (2.4).
- Columbia ranks 155th in rebounds per game (35.6) while Marist ranks 251st (33.6).
- The Lions rank 110th in steals per game (6.6) while the Red Foxes rank 282nd (4.2).
- Columbia averages 14.2 assists per game, which ranks 116th in the nation. Marist ranks 264th in assists allowed per game (15.2).