The Columbia Lions (1-9), who are currently on an eight-game skid, will try to get back in the win column when they travel to Silvio O. Conte Forum to meet the Boston College Eagles (7-3). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 150 points with Boston College set as an 11.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 12, 2017.
Columbia Lions vs. Boston College Eagles Odds Preview
In the Lions last outing, they fell to the Navy Midshipmen, 73-68. With 28 points on 11-for-15 shooting, Mike Smith was the games high scorer. Navy had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.7 vs. 21.9). Columbia, on the other hand, made 12 of their 25 three pointers (48.0 percent).
The Eagles come in on a high note after topping the No. 1 Duke Blue Devils in their last matchup, 89-84. With 30 points on 12-for-24 shooting, Ky Bowman was the top scorer from either team. The Eagles, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.506, had a fantastic mark of 0.631, while the Blue Devils had a free throw rate of 0.174 (below their season average of 0.259).
The offensive glass could be a huge edge for Boston College in this contest. The Eagles rank 32nd in offensive rebounding percentage (36.2 percent), while Columbia ranks 262nd in defensive rebounding percentage (69.1 percent). Moreover, the Lions rank 344th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.157), while the Eagles rank 44th in opponents FTA rate (0.189).
Of Columbia’s 4 games that accepted bets, two have finished over the projected point total, while 3 of Boston College’s 5 games have finished under the O/U total. The Eagles have the better straight up (SU) record (7-3 vs. 1-9), but both teams are close to the .500 mark against the spread (ATS).
Bowman has been solid over the last five games for Boston College, averaging 17.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
Columbia Lions vs. Boston College Eagles Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boston College, ATS Winner – Boston College, O/U – Under
- The Eagles rank 24th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Lions rank 54th (2.9).
- Boston College averages 13.6 assists per game, which ranks 145th in the nation. Columbia ranks 162nd in assists allowed per game (14.4).
- Boston College averages 41.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 18th in the NCAA. Columbia ranks 247th in rebounds allowed per game (39.2).
- The Lions average 27.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 22nd in the NCAA. The Eagles rank 224th in three pointers allowed per game (25.1).
- Boston College ranks 13th in steals allowed per game (4.5) while Columbia ranks 157th (6.9).
- The Eagles have been outscored by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Boston College has defeated opponents by an average of 8.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Lions have scored an average of 75.2 points per game (1.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 80.2 points per game (0.5 above their season average).