The Colorado State Rams (10-15, 3-9 MWC), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will attempt to get back in the win column when they travel to Clune Arena to go head-to-head against the Air Force Falcons (8-13, 2-7 MWC). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 140.5 points with Air Force set as a 2-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
Colorado State Rams vs. Air Force Falcons Odds Preview
In the Rams last game, they lost to the Nevada Wolf Pack, 76-67. Colorado State’s Deion James put together a solid performance, putting up 12 points and eight rebounds. Nevada did a terrific job of converting from the free throw line (26-32; 81.3 percent). Colorado State, meanwhile, held the Wolf Pack to an effective field goal percentage of 0.431 (below their season average of 0.558).
The Falcons are hoping for a better outcome after their 81-50 loss to the San Diego State Aztecs in their last game. Lavelle Scottie led Air Force in scoring with 16 points on 8-for-13 shooting. San Diego State did a fantastic job of making free throws (14-17; 82.4 percent). Air Force, on the other hand, forced the Aztecs into a turnover percentage of 18.5 (above their season average of 14.8).
It could be a sloppy game for the Colorado State offense. Colorado State ranks 184th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.0 percent), while the disruptive defense of Air Force forces the 57th-most turnovers in the NCAA (21.6 percent).
Of Colorado State’s 21 games that accepted bets, 12 have finished over the O/U total, while 8 of Air Force’s 16 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have mediocre straight up (SU) records (10-15 for Colorado State; 8-13 for Air Force), but the Falcons have the edge against the spread (ATS). Air Force is 10-6 ATS, while the Rams are 7-12-2.
Nico Carvacho has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Colorado State, averaging 13.8 rebounds and 11.2 points per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined to score 147 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 139.5. The Falcons won 76-71, covering as 8-point underdogs. The Falcons dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.222 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.492. The Rams were 0.164 and 0.404, respectively, for those same stats. Trevor Lyons was the games top overall scorer with 22 points.
Colorado State Rams vs. Air Force Falcons Free Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Colorado State, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Over
- The Rams rank 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Falcons rank 104th (3.4).
- On the road, Colorado State is 3-8 ATS with 8 overs and 3 unders.
- At home, Air Force is 5-1 ATS with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- Colorado State ranks 52nd in rebounds per game (38.4) while Air Force ranks 254th (32.4).
- The Falcons rank 81st in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while the Rams rank 277th in three pointers allowed per game (26.7).
- Air Force ranks 146th in assists per game (13.5) while Colorado State ranks 227th in assists allowed per game (15.1).
- Air Force is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Colorado State is 1-2-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Falcons average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 4.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 74.0 points per game (2.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 84.6 points per game (7.4 above their season average).