The Boise State Broncos (10-2) can prolong an eight-game home winning streak when they clash against the Colorado State Rams (7-4) at Taco Bell Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 140 points with Boise State opening as a 12.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Colorado State Rams at Boise State Broncos Free Preview
The Rams won a close one over the Long Beach State 49ers in their last matchup, 68-66. With 13 points and 12 rebounds, Colorado State’s Che Bob put together a good game. Colorado State played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.242 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 15.3 (better than their season average of 15.9). Long Beach State was 0.194 and 19.0, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Broncos last game, they were beaten by the SMU Mustangs, 86-63. Chandler Hutchison was the top scorer from either team with 18 points on 6-for-15 shooting. SMU had an effective field goal percentage of 0.688 (above their season average of 0.546). Boise State, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.1 vs. 16.4).
When looking at effective field goal percentage, Boise State should have a considerable advantage. The Broncos defense ranks 38th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.455), while the Colorado State offense is ranked 324th in effective field goal percentage (0.462). Moreover, the Rams, who rank 37th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.296), will face a tough challenge against the Broncos, who rank 12th in opponents FTA rate (0.157).
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Colorado State games have gone under 55.6 percent of the time, while 63.6 percent of games involving Boise State have gone under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Broncos have a sizable advantage. They are 10-2 SU and 6-5 ATS, while the Rams are 7-4 SU and 2-7 ATS.
Hutchison has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Boise State, averaging 18.6 points, 9.4 rebounds and 4.8 assists per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Broncos won both contests played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Boise State won 79-76. The Broncos played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.377 and a turnover percentage of 11.0. The Rams were 0.190 and 13.6, respectively, for those same stats.
Colorado State Rams at Boise State Broncos Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Boise State, ATS Winner – Colorado State, O/U – Over
- The Rams rank 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Broncos rank 92nd (3.5).
- Boise State is 4-2 ATS at home, while Colorado State is 0-5 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 4 of the Broncos 6 home games, while 4 of the Rams 5 road games have gone over.
- Boise State ranks 18th in three pointers attempted per game (28.2) while Colorado State ranks 234th in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).
- The Broncos rank 35th in rebounds per game (39.7) while the Rams rank 136th in rebounds allowed per game (35.1).
- Boise State ranks 44th in assists allowed per game (11.4) while Colorado State ranks 143rd (13.9).
- Boise State is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Colorado State is 1-3 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Broncos average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, down from 12.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rams have scored an average of 70.4 points per game (1.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.8 points per game (3.2 above their season average).