The No. 13 Xavier Musketeers (8-1) can prolong a seven-game home winning streak when they take on the Colorado Buffaloes (7-1) at Cintas Center. Tip-off is set for 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017.
Colorado Buffaloes at Xavier Musketeers Free Preview
In the Buffaloes last contest, they won big over the New Mexico Lobos, 75-57. With 12 points and 10 rebounds, McKinley Wright IV had a solid performance for Colorado. Colorado played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.269 (below their season average of 0.279) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.0 (below their season average of 30.6). For those same stats, New Mexico put up marks of 0.085 and 15.5, respectively.
The Musketeers come in on a high note after blowing out the Kent State Golden Flashes in their last outing, 96-70. Xavier was lifted by Trevon Bluiett, who was the games high scorer with 26 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Xavier played a flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 41.4 (above their season average of 31.7) and a free throw rate of 0.387 (above their season average of 0.374). Kent State was 27.0 and 0.271, respectively, for those same stats.
Xavier appears to have the edge on the offensive side of the ball. Since the 2016-17 season, the Musketeers rank first in offensive efficiency, while the Buffaloes rank 184th in defensive efficiency.
The Buffaloes won the lone contest against the Musketeers last season, 68-66. Colorado had a better effective field goal percentage (0.527 vs. 0.434). Xavier, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.8 vs. 16.7).
Colorado Buffaloes vs. Xavier Musketeers Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Buffaloes rank 186th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while the Musketeers rank 244th in three pointers allowed per game (22.4).
- Xavier ranks 240th in steals per game (5.9) while Colorado ranks 267th (4.9).
- Xavier ranks sixth in assists per game (15.4) while Colorado ranks 155th (13.7).
- The Buffaloes rank 78th in blocks per game (4.1) while the Musketeers rank 198th in blocks allowed per game (3.8).
- Xavier ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (30.9) while Colorado ranks 99th (34.0).