The Stanford Cardinal (19-9, 8-7 Pac-12) close out their home schedule at Maples Pavilion against the 21st-ranked Colorado Buffaloes (21-8, 11-6 Pac-12). The game can be seen on ESPNU at 6 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 1, 2020.
Colorado Buffaloes at Stanford Cardinal ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Cardinal beat the Utah Runnin’ Utes, 70-62, while the Buffaloes were beaten by the California Golden Bears, 76-62.
Stanford dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 12.9 (better than their season average of 19.4) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 (below their season average of 22.3). Utah was 23.5 and 15.4, respectively, for those same stats. Colorado, on the other hand, held California to an offensive rebounding percentage of 16.7 (below their season average of 25.0). Stanford was led by Tyrell Terry, who put up 27 points. Meanwhile, McKinley Wright IV had a solid performance for Colorado, putting up 18 points and six rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Tyler Bey led the Buffaloes to an 81-74 victory. He notched a double-double with 11 points and 12 rebounds. Colorado did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (30-40; 75.0 percent). Stanford, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (17.6 vs. 15.4).
Points could be at a premium in this showdown between a pair of the nation’s best defenses. Stanford currently ranks eighth in defensive efficiency (89.5) and Colorado is 22nd (92.6).
Colorado Buffaloes at Stanford Cardinal Betting Pick
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Under
- Colorado ranks 82nd in rebounds per game (37.3) while Stanford ranks 234th (33.4).
- The Buffaloes average 3.0 blocks per game, which ranks 129th in the NCAA. The Cardinal rank 164th in blocks allowed per game (3.9).
- Stanford allows the 20th-fewest assists per game (10.1) while Colorado ranks 42nd (10.7).
- The Cardinal rank 88th in steals per game (7.0) while the Buffaloes rank 196th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Colorado ranks 31st in three pointers allowed per game (18.2) while Stanford ranks 120th (21.0).
- During their last five games, the Buffaloes have scored an average of 64.8 points per game (6.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (2.3 above their season average).
- The Cardinal’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 8.7 for the season.